Yeah, they all be trying to get back.
Colorism in Taiwan is especially ridiculous because Tawanese aborigines are dark skinned (sorry to use that phrase), and many Taiwanese families have some aboriginal blood.
According to this image of many faces blended together, the average Taiwanese woman is “darker” than the average SE Asian Filipino or Vietnamese:
Taiwanese have a saying that if you have white skin, you don’t need to have a pretty face, because being white makes you pretty. But if you have dark skin, you need to be really pretty to make up for it
Is it just an issue for women? I’m a dark skinned man (Latino) and haven’t had any issues about my skin color in Taiwan, only in the UK, USA,Europe, and Japan.
He is not the right guy for you so don’t feel bad for breaking up. You are articulate and intelligent and he is probably not at your level.
Mhm its why I came here in the first place to study Chinese. He was supposed to be just a fling, but he wanted more yet subjects me to those points I mentioned above. So its bye bye
He is a neat freak not just with the showering before sex. He has a lot of rules regarding his room and other things, which of course I follow when I’m in his place. But, it gets annoying. We can’t even make out and can’t have spontaneous sex because we always have to be clean beforehand. So it usually just happens at night when it happens.
He is allowed to, and I’m allowed to not be okay with that. Hence why its not gonna work. Porn is okay for me. But, girls he know irl? And lusting after stories they post on their socials? No thx
I think is also generational thing, I know a Taiwan girl has Filipino BF, mother hates it and tries match her with Taiwanese guy so she does not go home as much now (her mom in Taoyuan her in the South)
Probably better than a dirty slob though, right?
Both extremes are no better than the other
I guess it comes down to personal preference. What if you had to choose either one or the other?
I think that is personal preference haha. I like the smell of clean hair after a nice shampoo but when I was younger would be less picky as some places (Mr. Car and few others) did not have a shower.
___First of, thank you for speaking out. Few girls feel excited about dating local guys and now it is clear why. Let me break down some of your statements:
- ‘Ogling attractive girls on the street’ – if it happens will locals it would lead to the long-time fight immediately. With you he can be different and that makes him happy. Unfortunately, he might not love you. Say that none of them would date him.
- ‘Following your pretty friends’ – it is because of the lack of interest in life. Many boring people do some BS like that as they have nothing else to do. Follow all Congo guys.
- ‘Obsession with Japan’ – many locals enjoy Japan. Japanese taught the locals how to live and be productive. Also, back in a day, they built most of the infrastructure that is still preserved: railways, federal buildings, parks, mines, hot springs, etc.
- ‘Said I love you’ – see point 9.
- ‘Always on his phone’ – see point 2.
- ‘Obsessed with social media’ – see point 2.
- ‘Cannot have intellectual conversation’ – let me tell you one local secret: many even don’t know their history. Ask about the origins of the tiger flag, 228 park, camphor wars, and you would hear the silence. You can train his intelligence. Every time he is in a shower, hide his phone and prepare riddles for him to find.
- ‘Always points out how my skin is brown’ – if you are brown it means you are poor and don’t know how to treat your skin, according to some local standards, even if you have a yacht. Say that his skin is yellow.
- ‘Food baby jokes’ – you are his first real GF, see point 13.
- ‘Asks rude questions’ – see point 9, 13.
- ‘Keeps mentioning he likes big boobs’ – see point 1, 13.
- ‘Neat freak’ – locals care a lot about the hygiene, check any night market.
- ‘Most of the time he’s too tired to have sex’ – Next time pick a Congo man. See the picture below.
You needed to pull him up on that.
Some things in Taiwanese culture are just shit and this is one of them.
Some men in particular repeat these things because they get away with it and that comment is usually aimed at women.
The behaviour of perving on women, thats just crass and guys can do it anywhere.
You are aware that penis size is not correlated to tiredness / libido, right?
I’m guessing you mean the soaps and other things for sale and not the hygiene of the food being sold always see roaches and rats at the night/ day markets
Of course I mean soaps and other things for sale. It is just a bad example.
__It does not correlate but there is a correlation to injury/pain…which I think they were referring to. Because after experiencing pain and discomfort, they won’t want to have sex as much.
BTW,how old are you?
Rule number one in dating is be with someone who is efficient, simple and smooth. Don’t be with someone complicated.
When it comes to sex a healthy young guy has high libido. He should take you in the shower, in car, on the couch, on the floor. I had sex with girl at her dormitory while her roommate pretend to sleep. We were just too horny and it happened fast