SE Asian dating a local guy

We’re both in our mid twenties

In Taiwan?

1 Like

Nope, but roommate was Taiwanese:) so almost as good as being in Taiwan :slight_smile:

1 Like

Interesting. Funny how the world is so small…

2 Likes

Just like our friend @Gain. He is Taiwanese and very sharp intellectually. Probably a bit socially awkward, but overall interesting guy.
Gain, be kind and sent lady introduction about yourself.

2 Likes

Really sorry to hear about your situation.

I am Taiwanese, tho was very westernized. However! I was in the TW military service for 1 year and met a lot of local guys, and relatively close to your age so I can say with confidence that there are plenty of Taiwanese guys that behaves nothing like what you described in the OP. (Though you described a very interesting stereotype that gives TW man a bad rep… like you covered almost every single point…)

4 Likes

I don’t know if this is related to hygiene. It’s probably because he cares about “his stuff” and doesn’t want you to mess it up. Also, maybe he showers a lot because he doesn’t want to get sick by exotic diseases from brown people (at least that’s how I felt when my ex-partner used to panic, shower and scrub everything after sex).

If he really has OCD then you should see it everywhere, regardless of place/location.

Is he a neat freak even when he is at your place ? Just observe how well he treats your place and your things and then you will know.

2 Likes

Lol I’m sure he’s a great guy. I’d rather be single for now and not think about dating. It does more harm than good to my self growth. Never questioned my worth until I get involved with a dude.

2 Likes

Interesting… What points did I not cover?

Yeah its the same when he’s at my place. Have to shower before the deed.

You really paint a picture with words :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This is getting interesting. Ignore this Gain. She wants you to try harder. Catch this wounded bird and heal her in your hands. You have this.

2 Likes

He has the humor of an anvil. Girls kinda dig funny guys.

4 Likes

Uh, @gain bats for the other team. It is known.

3 Likes

I’m white as a ghost so I’ve experienced all of these same things when dating men here except the skintone comments (got a ton of body hair ones though). Subtle jabs at my diet, highly mismatched sex drive, poor communication skills during disagreements, etc… You’re not alone girl! Don’t let the absurd beauty expectations and gender roles here get you down. I can guarantee you’re fine as hell and smart, but it sure is hard to remember that here sometimes.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Reading your replies here, I’m now becoming more interested in you than the guy you keep tagging. Might be ready to get hurt again jk

2 Likes

Thank you :pleading_face:

Debatable, I’d consider being able to consider the positionality of others a missing requisite here, for example

2 Likes

A shame you made a poor choice, lots of nice dudes out there that would treat you well if you gave them a shot. Cats are nice, too :smile_cat: