SE Asian dating a local guy

Meh, she seems articulate and mature. If she wants to ride the ride, more power to her. But hey, not marriage material at this point (him, not her).

Before you wrote this, you knew the relationship was over.
Are you one of those women that stays with the man until the next one comes around, or you will finish it?
Did you write the post to see if you can get feedback on the next local you may get together with or whether he will be the same or similar?

5 Likes

They’re sneaky that way!

1 Like

Idk about her motives but I definitely don’t like how everyone here are being “supportive” without knowing the whole picture. There’s no need to bash the guy. I’m getting me too vibes. She may be partly to blame and not confronting her problems could only lead to more pain down the road, both for her and her partner(s).

3 Likes

Not everything has to be a war between the sexes. I’m sharing my experience with dating a local guy (isn’t this a forum about Taiwan?). I’m not perfect but if you want a post about all my faults and misgivings in the relationship this is the wrong thread. It’s not about me, rather my experience.

8 Likes

hmmm, I’m not.

4 Likes

No I stayed with him cause like I said he is a great guy in other aspects. And I’m not jumping into another relationship anytime soon.

I’m trying to help. We can all hold multiple thoughts at once. He may be a horrible partner but you may or may not be partly to blame as well. This isn’t like cheating or some other inexcusable action. There might be nuance here. And everyone can benefit from some soul searching. You can’t control him hut you can learn from this and grow.

1 Like

I thought of it more than you. Certain things I can accept, but those I mentioned are dealbreakers. No sense forcing things, no?

2 Likes

Even the Japanese loving thing? I think it’s a bit extreme for that to be a deal breaker

1 Like

Everybody has their own criteria for that.

2 Likes

I guess, just seems really picky.

1 Like

Hm true. Maybe all combined. But that on its own maybe not

Have you tried doing the same things to him? Just to freak him out. Ogling other men. Commenting how handsome they are. And making disparaging comments to your fling? Things like “you’re getting too skinny you need to go to the gym.” and “those clothes look stupid you need to buy some better ones” and for the winner “why aren’t you wearing socks with your sandals. All the hot guys do that.”

As for washing before having sex I guess it depends. Plenty of Taiwanese women do the same thing. I’d say it’s because of how hot and humid it is in Taiwan and the prevalence of thrush infections. But as others have also said it’s a common practice in Japan as well.

5 Likes

No need to race to the bottom.

Guy

2 Likes

Why not? I find the best way to facilitate change is by being a mirror to their actions. Especially after you’ve already confronted them about their behavior. As a bonus to TaipeiXiaoJie it’s probably the easiest way to get him to break up with her so she avoids the all too often stalking response. Let him think he’s breaking up with her.

1 Like

She just needs to dump him asap.

3 Likes

Yeah OP just dump him and move on. Plenty of other guys to date that dont insult you either.

2 Likes

How about this.

Guy - “You know I really like large breasts. Yours are kind of small.”

@TaipeiXiaojie - “I know exactly how you feel. I like big cocks, but you don’t hear me complaining about yours!”

Or

@TaipeiXiaojie - “I understand. However, big Isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be. Take for example my last boyfriend. His penis was so large that having sex was difficult. I so much more appreciate your small penis because it’s much more comfortable for me.”

This last one is called a back-handed compliment. Looks like you are showing appreciation, but in actuality are criticizing his manhood!

12 Likes

Can you PLEASE mark this as solution? :smiley: He deserves THAT.