Sea cargo shipping company?

So counting down to my last month in Taiwan. I have some heavy stuff I need to ship overseas internationally that would not be viable taking via plane luggage. Anyone know any shipping company that ships personal cargo, I think via sea is cheaper? Might take longer but that’s fine.

Can check out this thread:

You may have seen or heard of Van Lines. My family used them when we were moving from Taiwan to the states (and around the states).

https://www.crownvan.com/

2 Likes

Cool thanks. They seem to be able to do the job just fine.

+1 on Van Lines.

Used their full packing service when we moved to Shanghai in 2000.
Very very professional including (un-)packing at both sites that time, no argument on a broken glass cabinet upon arrival, payed their fair share.

And using them as we speak to import a car interior from the UK on a pallet (so they only did the transport, importing and taxing), again very professional.

2 Likes

The rates differ a lot depending on (1) which continent or country you move to and (2) the weight and dimensions of your stuff (broken down roughly into boxes vs. pallets vs. containers). If you give us more details, we might be able to give you more specific pointers.

Going to Malaysia. I don’t have the dimensions but it’s just a standard moving box with mostly clothes and women’s bags and shoes… and household appliances. Not crazy heavy. I’m only bringing my PlayStation and monitor for it lol. Maybe a box of random stuff and clothes. Total of like 10 boxes.

The post office may be the most economical if you are not in a hurry. Small loads get expensive as there is a fixed customs inspection charge both sides regardless of how much or how little you are shipping. The post office will also come to your apartment and collect.

@Andrew0409 Are you able to share how this move went for you and what costs were like? I’m looking at a move to KL this year with a large family, so have a fair amount of stuff to move.

These guys did everything right at a very competitive price for us.

1 Like

I heard van lines are quite expensive, as in expect to pay over 10,000 us to move your stuff. I tried talking president van lines and the prices were just absolutely nuts.

Is there anything other than van lines?

These guys ship equipment for me at 1/5 the cost of other shipping companies.

http://tw.wtoexpress.net/

Is there a ballpark per kg or cubic meter cost to ship to the US or the EU? Oftentimes all they got is call and ask. How long does it take?

Not moving anytime soon but helpful for shipping products or something.