Sea Monkeys

Those little mini shrimp things you just stick in a jar of salt water and they grow. Usually I’ve seen them in toy shops, but can’t seem to find them here. If anyone knows what they’re called in Chinese (it’s not just a direct translation - I’ve tried that) that might be useful as then I can search online (otherwise I may have to just order from overseas).

Nicku gives the following for brine shrimp:
鳃足虫
0r
海水小蝦
:idunno:

It was a while ago, but I’m sure I saw them at Toy 'R Us (Ur Chong branch). I did see them somewhere. :ponder:

Thanks,

I’m pretty sure Toys R Us should have them but there isn’t one near me. I’m trying to search their website now anyway.

I tried Toys R Us - they said they’d order some in but later I got a call saying they hadn’t stocked them for at least 2 years. Some of my students have said they’ve had them at school, so they must be available somewhere.

Any more ideas?

Off the top of my head I would say you should

1. Ask an anchingban laoban who they get their science supplies from
  2. ?
  3. Profit

You’re just encouraging sea monkey mills.

I found them! (or at least something that I think are them - we’ll see how they go)

I’m in Tainan and went to the shop that sells fossils and dinosaur/science stuff on the second floor of the eslite bookstore complex on Changrong Rd (near the Da Dong nightmarket). I believe some other Eslite stores may have one of these stores nearby. They also had eggs for glow in the dark fish and lots of other science activity stuff like pre-made water rocket launchers, cardboard models of dinosaurs/skeletons etc, crystal trees…

[quote=“AlexW”]I found them! (or at least something that I think are them - we’ll see how they go)

I’m in Tainan and went to the shop that sells fossils and dinosaur/science stuff on the second floor of the eslite bookstore complex on Changrong Rd (near the Da Dong nightmarket). I believe some other Eslite stores may have one of these stores nearby. They also had eggs for glow in the dark fish and lots of other science activity stuff like pre-made water rocket launchers, cardboard models of dinosaurs/skeletons etc, crystal trees…[/quote]
Sounds like some great stuff there! Do they perchance have an on-line catalogue?

I can’t find any links for it from eslite.com but next time I’m in there I’ll have a look. I’m not sure if they’re actually connected or just in the same building. They seem like the sort of place that would have branches elsewhere so I’ll look out for a list of other addresses etc.

they won’t be real monkeys like the ones you get back home…mine were actual miniature monkeys…quite amazing really…