Search own posts/list of watched topics

1. It would be cool if the search function would include the option to search only OWN POSTS.

2. Is there a possibility to see a list of watched topics?

Easy - put your own name in the “Search for author” box when searching.

Easy - put your own name in the “Search for author” box when searching.[/quote]

That’s not what I mean, maybe I didn’t say it the right way. I want to find a certain post in threads where I posted, not necessarily posts I wrote myself.
When I click on OWN POSTS I don’t get a list of the posts I posted, but a list of threads where I posted. That’s what I meant with OWN POSTS as opposed to own posts.

[quote=“rice_t”]
2. Is there a possibility to see a list of watched topics?[/quote]

What I mean here is something like you get with ebay.

In ebay I can “watch” an article without having to bid on them. If I go to “my ebay” I can see a list of articles that I am “watching”. It would be really great if Forumosa would offer that feature for threads.

There is loads of threads that I think could be really helpful in certain situations. I may not be in that situation at the moment, but I may be in 3 months. But at the time I may not be able to find that thread anymore.

If there was a “watched topics” obviously it would also be an advantage to be able to limit the search function to “watched topics”, just as I suggested for OWN POSTS.

[quote=“rice_t”]That’s not what I mean, maybe I didn’t say it the right way. I want to find a certain post in threads where I posted, not necessarily posts I wrote myself.
When I click on OWN POSTS I don’t get a list of the posts I posted, but a list of threads where I posted. That’s what I meant with OWN POSTS as opposed to own posts.[/quote]
So what you mean is you want to find a post that you posted, right? Like say you wanted to find a post you wrote about Star Wars, you want to search for posts containting the words “Star Wars” written by rice_t, am I right? If so, that’s exactly the thing I posted. It’s different to the “Own Posts.”

No. I want to find threads where I posted. Not my own posts.

E.g. I remember there was a thread about Taiwan and I remember that I “contributed” to that thread. Otherwise I may not remember that thread at all. If I search for Taiwan, I will get kazillions of hits. If I could limiit the search to OWN POSTS, I would only get two billions of posts. Bad example.

Oooooh, I see. You want a hybrid of the two - the ability to search within the “Own Posts” search. Actually that’s a good idea.

phpbbhacks.com/download/189

[quote]The watched posts feature currently sends an email to the user when he/she elects to ‘watch’ a post, when a reply is made to that post.

This hack adds a search link at the top of the forum index page in the group where the ‘since your last visit’ and ‘unanswered’ post searches are.

The results page shows a list of all posts the user has elected to ‘watch’ making it easy for them to keep track of which ones they are currently watching.[/quote]
I’ll check with Maoman about adding this to the To Do list

If you wish to be able to do a keyword search for your own posts in the future, you can add your name manually as a signature at the end of each post (rather than using the auto-generated signature line), and in the future, add your name to the list of keywords searched for.