Searching for non JCM's

Is there anyone on this board who is not a follower of the Judaea Christian Muslim belief system that might be willing to join me for a social luncheon?

TOP 10 FIRST IMPRESSIONS

1. I would be happy to–unfortunately my Hindu religious beliefs prohibit inter-dining.

2. Am I right in suspecting that there are some issues here?

3. Er, we are living on an island populated by more than 20 million non-JCM’s. How hard could it be?

4. Come on, what’s the harm in having lunch with a Baptist minister? Just this once…?

5. You say you do not follow JCM beliefs, and yet you seem to enjoy discussing JCM beliefs–so much so that you have made this the main criterion for a com-panion (in the literal sense, as one to break bread with). What’s up with that?

6. OUT, DEMON, OUT!!! I COMMAND YOU IN THE NAME OF JAY-ZUS !!! OH YEAH, AND ALSO IN THE NAME OF MOHAMMED !!!

7. Then wouldn’t this be an “anti-social luncheon”?

8. Where would you like to eat? Because I follow certain dietary restrictions…

9. If anyone is thinking about pretending to be an atheist, be sure not to give yourself away by saying grace before the meal.

10. Can’t we all just get along?

And the next ten!

1. So, let’s make sure I have this straight. Tom Cruise (Scientologist) is in. Madonna (Catholic + Kabballist) would be disqualified on two counts. Richard Gere (Tibetan Buddhist) is in. Michael Jackson (Jehovah’s Witness, flirted with the Nation of Islam) is out. And how about Ozzy? Would Satanism be considered part of the JCM tradition?

2. (Lighting psychologist’s pipe.) So…you felt you needed to specify that this is a SOCIAL luncheon. Of course…what other type of luncheon could it be? Were you perhaps afraid that your intentions would be…misunderstood? But that means…you thought about it, didn’t you? DIDN"T YOU!!! Orgies of rumpy-pumpy with sweaty Mormon missionaries… Yes, the subconscious never lies.

[more to come…]

[quote=“Screaming Jesus”]And the next ten!

1. (Lighting psychologist’s pipe.) So…you felt you needed to specify that this is a SOCIAL luncheon. Of course…what other type of luncheon could it be? Were you perhaps afraid that your intentions would be…misunderstood? But that means…you thought about it, didn’t you? DIDN"T YOU!!! Orgies of rumpy-pumpy with sweaty Mormon missionaries… Yes, the subconscious never lies.

[more to come…][/quote]

I think “No” would have been sufficient :notworthy:

How about those agnostics?
I hear they’re better deep fried, with a light cucumber dressing…

I propose a religious round table. At the round table pizza place. We could all get together and perform each of us their own form of pre-victual ceremony, however crazy that would be. Aside from sacrificing live animals of course. I just hope it won’t take too long because I can get testy when I’m hungry.

So that would mean vegetarian pizza, huh?

:neutral:

=Sniff= She didn’t want me anyway!

(Why, God, why?)

So, on with my list:

1. You say you don’t want to meet anyone who follows the “Judaea Christian Muslim” belief system. Okay, what if somebody only follows one out of the three?

2. Come to think of it, technically the proscription should only apply to Christians and Muslims living in Judaea.

3. Think of all the fans of John Couger Mellancamp that you’ve offended with this thread title.

(actually Wikipedia has more than a dozen entries for “JCM”)

We can sacrifice dead animals. As long as we can pretend that they were killed humanely.

This is a new poster reaching out asking if anyone wants to meet her for lunch. Why be so bitchy? Just decline politely if you don’t think she meets your rigorous intellectual criteria…

I would politely refuse, but I wasn’t invited.

Just noticed that she likes to play pen & paper D&D… so I guess that explains the extreme details in preparing a lunch meeting. I do however generally keep lunch & religion separate.

Oh for crying out loud. I was trying to ask politely, and in a way that wouldn’t offend anyone, if there was anyone one who was part of my religion or close to it out there that would like to meet, talk and maybe start up a grove since I cannot find one here.
I have never been in a forum that mixes different cultures and I didn’t want to start a fight. Since there are Christian churches here in the city, and tons of temples (by the way my Chinese is piss poor & I have been incountering some difficulty determining which one is for what religion) I gathered that there must be some of us out there.
Judging by the tone of a previous post thread that seemed to mock my religion I just wanted to do this in a calm and quite manner.
Apparently I did this wrong.

Welcome to Forumosa. I’m afraid this is what it’s like. Buttercup, well said.

I’m open to meeting people of any religion. (Or no religion.) Except for anyone who believes in the Brotherhood of the Adepts. Those people are real assholes.

Hi Eliza,

[quote=“elizabooks”]Oh for crying out loud. I was trying to ask politely, and in a way that wouldn’t offend anyone, if there was anyone one who was part of my religion or close to it out there that would like to meet, talk and maybe start up a grove since I cannot find one here.
I have never been in a forum that mixes different cultures and I didn’t want to start a fight.[/quote]

I am still puzzled which religion that might be, but since I am a firm believer in freedom of religion/ beliefs / teddy bears it doesn’t matter. I do hope you find what you are looking for. :slight_smile:

Uh, your frustration is probably my fault. Sorry for that. The temptation to humor overrode inhibitions that I probably should have gone with.

I wasn’t offended, just intrigued and amused by the exclusion. (Actually my beliefs are a mixture of things which varies from day to day.) But you should probably be more offended with my attempt at psychoanalysis.

What, is this neo-Paganism? There’s like 12 people here listed on Witchvox, I posted something about this on another thread…

Were you looking for one kind in particular, or were you just wondering? The two main kinds are (1) folk Taoism (but its practitioners use a variety of names for it, for example “doing bai bai” or “Buddhism”) and (2) a more narrowly-targeted, international kind of Buddhism. The first kind tends to have dragons and phoenixes on the roof, while the second doesn’t. Temples of the second type have almost nothing but Buddhas on its altars, and tend to be cleaner and more sparsely-furnished. (There are also a few small-scale syncretic sects like Yiguandao whose temples largely resemble these two types, to recognize these you have to learn their special symbols.)

Uh, that was probably me. Apologies once more. I often assume that everyone has the same iconoclastic sense of humor that I do.