Second Work Permit Teaching English While a Manager of Representative Office

Hi Everyone!

This is my first post here. :slight_smile:

I have applied for and am currently waiting to receive my work permit for working as a manager for a representative company.

There is a school that wants to hire me to teach English for the minimum required hours a week.

I am wondering is this possible. I have a suspicion that this will raise eye brows with government officials regarding whether my existence here as a company representative is legitimate. It is a fact that I will be conducting business here as a legitimate representative but I’m just not sure how this may be seen from the government’s perspective.

Any comments would greatly appreciated.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Work permit application and immigration status are unrelated. School applies for work permit, labor bureau doesn’t care what your ARC says. Immigration officers come to inspect the school, you can show valid ARC & work permit, although they are separate, no problem.

Thank you for your reply.

My problem is that I will have two work permits. The first one will be for the purpose of being a manager in my representative office. So, I’m wondering if getting the second permit as a teacher will cause suspicion about whether I’m truly here to be a manager of a company representative office.

Not sure how that works.
I guess the question is can you have two work permits.
My contract states that I can not work anywhere else. You should check what your contract says.