SecretMarried

i wan to have a secret married with my gf. do this type of unrecorded married exist in taiwan?
both me and my gf are not taiwanese, so will do it secretly.

What do you mean by unrecorded??? Please explain, what do you mean by ‘secret’. Most people et married, so that there is a record of their union.

Marriages are legal contracts, and as such can’t be kept absolutely secret. You could certainly elope and try to keep your marriage secret from friends and family, but you still have to register with the government of the country you get married in. In Taiwan, two witnesses are also required.

I suppose you could undergo a wedding ceremony of some kind, but you would not be legally married unless you’re registered with the government.

what i mean for unrecorded is, the sworn marriage contact will not be submitted to the civil office for registration.

[quote=“Chris”]Marriages are legal contracts, and as such can’t be kept absolutely secret. You could certainly elope and try to keep your marriage secret from friends and family, but you still have to register with the government of the country you get married in. In Taiwan, two witnesses are also required.

I suppose you could undergo a wedding ceremony of some kind, but you would not be legally married unless you’re registered with the government.[/quote]

secret married is sometimes called unregistered marriage, the two of you just sworn and sign the contract in front of the judge
but this wont be submitted for registration,or short to say FAKE.

[quote=“BisayaTW”]i wan to have a secret married with my gf. do this type of unrecorded married exist in taiwan?
both me and my gf are not taiwanese, so will do it secretly.[/quote]
Secret from whom? The Taiwanese authorities?
The reason I ask is that I get a feeling you might be a blue-collar migrant worker? From Indonesia or the Philippines maybe?
You guys under under pretty strict rules about that, aren’t you? Like, you’re not allowed to get married or pregnant while you’re here on contract?
Am I right?
The problem is, ANY kind of marriage would have to be recorded here, in some respect, which would put both you at risk of breaching your contracts. Otherwise, you know, it wouldn’t be a marriage and you would be just as well to stand in front of each other and say: “Hello, new wife/husband.”
Maybe if you know a pastor or a minister you could ask him to perform some kind of unofficial marriage service, but I don’t know if churches are allowed to do that kind of thing.

Actually, I think you can. You do it with a temple, and hold off reporting it.

HG

Yes, you could do a religious marriage, of your own religion. For example, if you are Christian, do it at a church and get a record from the priest; if you are Muslim, you can go to the Taipei mosque and ask the mullah or other cleric to marry you. Get witnesses and videotape he whole thiing, and get a document signed by the cleric and witnesses. Ask the cleric to record the event in the place of worship’s records. This could hardly be called a fake marriage, but would not be registered in Taiwanese law.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Actually, I think you can. You do it with a temple, and hold off reporting it.

HG[/quote]
Yeah, but doesn’t that then mean you’re not actually married?

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Actually, I think you can. You do it with a temple, and hold off reporting it.

HG[/quote]
Yeah, but doesn’t that then mean you’re not actually married?[/quote]

If you are married in the eyes of God, who can say you aren’t married?

Sandman’s guess sounds right to me. The CLA, though, got rid of the marriage prohibition.

Of course, blue-collar workers are supposed to be protected against all sorts of things; but in practice the situation is rather less than ideal.

(BTW, did anyone else see the bit in this week’s News of the Weird about someone who impersonated a U.S. federal marshal in order to “deport” someone back to the Philippines?)

[quote=“BigJohn”][quote=“sandman”][quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Actually, I think you can. You do it with a temple, and hold off reporting it.

HG[/quote]
Yeah, but doesn’t that then mean you’re not actually married?[/quote]

If you are married in the eyes of God, who can say you aren’t married?[/quote]
Erm. The government? :wink:
I know that’s what mine’ll do should I ever return to the land that taste abandoned and I’ve been well and truly hitched for years and years and years. AND I’ve got the papers to prove it.

I recall reading about the large polygamist cult in the US. Apparently the male formally married his first wife according to law. The men later entered into ‘spiritual marriage’ with their later wives, where the marriage was only recognized by their church and their closed community. Recall that polygamy is illegal in the US, so the ‘spiritual marriages’ were necessarily ‘secret’ (but not really secret) from authorities and the wider community. I’d assume anyone can enter into a spiritual marriage, duly recognized by their church and select community. Of course that ‘marriage’ may not be recognized by everyone, for all purposes.

Marriage isn’t a monolithic institution - it is what you make of it.

The OP may want a marriage that is/will be recognized in their home country, but kept ‘secret’ here in Taiwan. In that instance I would think that a church officiated marriage would do. Alternately, I’d bet with enough work a judge or priest could be found in the OP’s home country that would perform the wedding online or over the phone. Then the marriage could be registered in the home country, and not necessarily acknowledged here.

But that leaves the real question begging: Why buy the cow when the milk is free? :doh:

to own the calf?

The Op’s handle is [color=#FF0000]Bisaya[/color]TW. The Bisaya are an indigenous people of northwestern Borneo, Malaysia. Most Bisaya are Muslim and few are Christians. They are distantly related to the Visayan people of the Philippines. Visayans refer to their respective languages as Binisaya or Bisaya. 85% of Visayans are Roman Catholic.

Therefore, I surmise that if the OP named himself based on his ethnicity or linguistic background, he’s either a Muslim Malaysian or a Roman Catholic Filippino living and working in Taiwan.

I have my money on the OP taking a second wife as a Muslim in the eyes of God, but not in the eyes of the law. :2cents:

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Actually, I think you can. You do it with a temple, and hold off reporting it.

HG[/quote]

Hi HG, how about having a fake marriage done in taiwanese court(i mean by a judge)? do you know any people doing this?

[quote=“BisayaTW”][quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Actually, I think you can. You do it with a temple, and hold off reporting it.

HG[/quote]

Hi HG, how about having a fake marriage done in taiwanese court(i mean by a judge)? do you know any people doing this?[/quote]
Whom do you want to keep the marriage secret from? the govt. or your spouse?? I mean, it sounds like you want to go through the motions of marriage but want a quick exit when the time comes. How can a court do a fake marriage?

Well now you’re talking about fraud. That’s a bit different.

I was thinking along the lines of believers not wanting to fuck out of wedlock. People get the weirdest ideas in their heads. However, given this latest query, I’m all confused.

HG

and since his purpose has yet to be revealed, do you not think maybe trying to help a guy trick his way into a marriage is a little devious - ie, trick the new wife into a fake marriage, get the milk and then drop the cow and (any calf)

maybe he is being honest, but the fact he wants it fake and used that word himself makes me question his motive - I can think of only a few legitimate reason that both parties would want a fake marriage cert (and having lived in a muslim country most of these dont apply here)

who’s helping??? :loco: