Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government

Interesting take on this, with a look at the Church Committee and how things are different now. We’ll see what comes out of it.

2 Likes

I wish them well with that, but would point out everyone is shit scared of the intelligence community. Trump was warned early on.

2 Likes

Yeah someone may sit them down and give them the talk I guess. Their rogues seem to have a healthy helping of not give a shit in their makeup though, so we’ll see. They will be focused on scoring points on the Dems I’m sure, the name is not a great start. It’s still something though.

Hope this comes up. Seems peripheral. :laughing:

This reminds me of something I heard multiple commentators point out after the release of the latest batch of JFK files: at minimum, every president since has surely wondered whether the CIA killed him.

1 Like

Well, 60 years later and people are still waiting for the full release of the documents, goes to show they are not entirely forthcoming when it comes to offering up what they know about things.

“Being the sinister overlords…” lol

She will not be silenced.

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

Time to play keep away. I didn’t do nothing.

More hearings today. Taibbi and Shellenburger are testifying.

This woman is a lunatic. Direct threat? WTF?

I’m starting to like Jim Jordan more and more

2 Likes

Live tweet stream

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1633846941040668674?s=20

Rep. Sylvia Garcia (D-TX): “You posted on your umm I guess it’s kind of like a web page. I don’t quite understand what Substack is.”

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1633873918351101952?t=zCgakb8gzFsqROE-ORVerg&s=19

2 Likes

Dur, I’m in Congress and I don’t know what Substack is, so you must be a fraud.

These idiots wouldn’t last five minutes in the Temporary Forum on this web page.

2 Likes

lol

This hearing was an interesting denouement of the Twitter Files, in a sense. Positions are clear. It’s easy to see which party is on the side of secret systematic censorship, harassing journalists, covering up security state overreaches through political division, impeding journalistic oversight, secret government manipulation of the media, the government and your friends our munificent security agencies only letting you know what they think is appropriate for your own good, and legalistic justifications for apparent government interference in elections. No disavowal, only doubling down. If there’s any dissent within the party on these points, I’m not hearing it. Well, that makes some things very clear for me. There are many other issues and neither party is a saint, but this is all very disturbing. These hearings are already turning out to be more consequential than I worried they might be.

1 Like

This Rep. Daniel Goldman (who spoke in the recent committee hearing) is a fascist if anyone’s a fascist these days. It seems he wants the FBI interfering in all kinds of online speech and our elections, because “Russia interfered in the 2016 election through social media” :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:
:duck: me, still with this clownery?

So, they’ll decide for you. You don’t agree with me? Well, “then you don’t belong in the convo”. :ok:

We’ll see if Goldman responds or just keeps saying RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA and telling anyone who doesn’t agree with him to go :duck: themselves. I would bet on the latter personally.

:100: :tada:

4 Likes

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/3895242-post-decency-politics-house-democrats-use-a-hearing-to-attack-free-speech-and-a-free-press/

For many of us, this week demonstrates the final severing of many House Democrats from both free speech and free press values.
What is left is raw rage and politics.
There is a major difference between today and the McCarthyism of 1954. Back then, when attorney Welch objected to the Republican senator trashing his client, the press lionized Welch. Yet, as noted by Shellenberger and Taibbi, today’s media have remained largely silent as fellow reporters were attacked for covering the Twitter censorship story.
If Joseph Welch appeared today to support free speech, he might very well be dismissed as some QAnon conspiracy theorist or “Putin lover.” But his words from the past — that “until this moment … I think I have never really gauged your cruelty or your recklessness” — should be read to every one of these members. It is not that we expect decorum from our leaders today, but decency itself now seems as irrelevant as reason.

1 Like

National treasure Matt Taibbi talks about his recent ritual insult session by career scumbags on Bongino–on Fox! He should be cancelled, or at least considered suspect forever. Why doesn’t he go say this on MSNBC?

1 Like