Self-Contradictory Positions Exposed by Responses to Coronavirus and Floyd Protests

No other time, perhaps with the exception of the Blasey-Ford and Reade allegations, has exposed how much political priors expose the hypocrisy with how people and institutions treat events.

Many NY Times reporters responded to an Op-Ed by Senator Cotton saying that the Op-Ed puts their lives at risk. Free Speech and open debate are gone, if you feel without any evidence at all, that something someone says could put you in some kind of attenuated danger.

1 Like

“Violence is when an agent of the state kneels on a man’s neck until all of the life is leached out of his body. Destroying property, which can be replaced, is not violence. To use the same language to describe those two things is not moral” -@nhannahjones on CBSN

1 Like

https://www.nyguild.org/post/our-statement-on-the-new-york-times-op-ed-send-in-the-troops

“ His message undermines the journalistic work of our members, puts our Black staff members in danger, promotes hate, and is likely to encourage further violence.”

1 Like

IIRC, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad got an Op-Ed interview, Putin authored a NY Times Op-Ed piece, and the Chinese government was represented…but Cotton asking for rioting, arson, and murder to be stopped is where they draw the line.

As to the title, absolutely. Covid-19 doesn’t care about your politics. Whether you’re an evangelical preacher having a church service or a protester marching in solidarity with George Floyd, it’ll get you.

Yet if you’re a peaceful protester protesting police brutality, virtually everyone supports you. If you’re a peaceful protester protesting unconstitutional government overreach, you will be lied about and castigated by the vast majority of mainstream media. If rioters, looters, and murderers undermine your peaceful protests, depend on the main stream media to downplay it, ignore it, blame it on white supremacy or blame it on outside agitators.

1 Like

Sorry, thought you were inviting a discussion- didn’t realize this was just another “righties want to rant” thread. Carry on.

9 Likes

Please, I am open to discussion. I thought that your point that the Wuhan Flu would get constitutional protesters and police brutality protesters equally was right perfectly correct. But I can’t ignore that the main stream media has covered the two completely differently, despite the fact the former were peaceful and the latter have not been.

1 Like

16 posts were merged into an existing topic: How do you mute a poster who has a hidden profile?

Remember when health workers thought that protesters put people at risk?

1 Like

Limits of 25 people to Catholic Church masses in various cities/states, but freedom to peacefully protest (which I wholeheartedly support) has upwards of 1000 people or more (or no limits).
So, which part of society is being muzzled now?

1 Like
1 Like

This is an incredibly dark and cynical way to view these protests that ignores the political and historical context.

1 Like

Well honestly most churches would be happy for 25 folks at Sunday mass. Ain’t like they weren’t on the decline prior to Covid. LOL

1 Like

Yeah and no. Because I’ve seen how politics has determined who gets testing first and better medical care in the states when it comes to treating the virus. IJS

1 Like

Maybe at your church.
The ones I would go to in hometown have had to institute a lottery system for Sunday masses.
Weekdays usually have space available with no lottery, yes.

1 Like

Protesting is dangerous and a public health menace, unless you agree with the protests.

2 Likes

Your own opinion? Strawman?

Former First Lady, Princeton alumna, Harvard Law alumna, former employee of top law firm Sidley Austin, tells graduates “Because for too many people in this country, no matter how hard they work, there are structural barriers working against them that just make the road longer and rockier. And sometimes it’s almost impossible to move upward at all.”

Yeah, I did it, but you fools have no hope at all.

1 Like