Self-Made Drone Video Thread

So I went out and got me a nice rig and am looking to get some feedback on the drone videos I have been taking of the Taroko Gorge and Hualien areas. I thought it might be a good idea for anyone who is doing this type of stuff to have place to post vids/pics that they have taken with their own drone. If it is in Taiwan all the better! I have just been uploading stuff onto youtube and editing it online. The music is free youtube crap(would love suggestions!) but I am just trying to improve my photography skills. Anyone have any of their own to add?

Above the Eternal Spring Shrine in Taroko

Kite Festival in Hualien

They are delightful. :bravo:

My only suggestion is that the first one needs a better establishing shot in the beginning, because it looks like it could have been anywhere.

Nice work. :bow:

Thanks for the feedback!

Some dronies…

love the opening shot, the water looks pretty amazing.

They are beautiful and your self-made drone is amazing. I suppose it would cost a lot more than a thousand dollar to buy such a drone if it would have been a commercial product.

Today for the first time I got a mini drone, Broadream s9, on my hands which had a price tag of $15 on the ebay but I bought it from the Ruten so it costed me around $35. Now I have a little feeling of regret for the price. With hindsight, I should have sought advice on this forum before buying one.

Anyway, I will fly the drone tomorrow if there is little to no wind.

Nice videos.

I make videos for a hobby, and use imovie on Mac to edit, and I find it really easy to use. You can also search around for the different ‘creative commons’ websites for music, and search hard as the music will often make a video. I actually pick my music first, then shoot the video with that music in mind. Youtube has recently changed their copyright laws, and it is now very difficult to use licensed music for educational or nor profit videos. Vimeo is another option for uploading.

Good Luck.