Selling Coffee from Vietnam to Taiwan on Shopee

Have you looked into shipping the coffee directly from your Vietnam business to the end consumer in Taiwan? The buyer don’t need to pay VAT as long as the order is under 2000NTD and I believe you don’t need to pay any tax in Taiwan before your yearly revenues exceed 480000NTD.

If you set up your business in Taiwan I believe you need to pay a corporate income tax rate of 17% if you have more than 120000NTD taxable income.

You might be able to do your trading as a Daigou (代購), this might be of interest for you 個人經營網路代購業務,請依規定辦理稅籍登記及開立統一發票-財政部臺北國稅局
From what I understand you will be exempt from tax registration if your monthly sales are under 80000NTD.

I’m not sure if any of this information is correct, I’m working on setting up my own business legally in Taiwan, unfortunately it’s difficult to get good straightforward information and the “experts” I have talked with are either too creative or not interested in helping me saving tax at all.

4 Likes

Good idea above.
I believe a lot of traders on shoppee are doing something similar.
They pretend to have stock in Taiwan but wait for your order and then ship from China .So many liars.
Alternatively just ship over a few large bags, split it and sell informally here.

1 Like

I do agree. I think it’s much better to inform and be honest about where the product is located and how long the shipping will take. Shipping directly from the coffee plantation could be a way of marketing the coffe as fresh.

1 Like

Shopee is a china company, so expect some variances in their styles.

If going legal i would open a Ltd and pay around 2% tax. As your costs would be low, it makes sense that way.

1 Like

Probably not important, but I believe it’s Singaporean (and mostly operating in several ASEAN markets).

2 Likes

Ya sorry youre right. A chinese guy started it in singapore.

1 Like