Selling on Amazon UK or Europe from Taiwan

Hi there, I’m looking for advice on how to sell Taiwanese-based products on Amazon, either in the US or, preferably, in Europe. More specifically, dropshipping. I have quite a few questions, so I thought I’d post some here so that, if anyone has some good answers, this thread can help others who want to get started:

1. Can buyers from Europe/US pay into a Taiwanese bank account?
  2. When a sale is made on Amazon, can you ship it using the local post office? Does it need official Amazon shipping/packaging etc?
  3. For Europe, how is VAT calculated?

I know Amazon shows rates for taxes, sales etc, and some information is available on Google, but I’d love to hear from someone in Taiwan, who has experience in this field, rather than just read off the Amazon website or American blogs/web pages. If anyone has successfully set up an Amazon ecommerce store on Amazon, I’d really appreciate some advice, tips, things to be wary of etc. Cheers and stay safe.

1 Like

Keoni thanks

1 Like

oops, didn’t read that part :laughing:

But I’m curious if you’ve already read the documentation on Amazon? There’s a lot of material to cover. But it’s necessary to know.

Yeah I’ve read it all, I’ve read blogs, watched vlogs, and done a fair bit of research. There is info from foreigners selling from other countries to USA/Europe, and there are some Taiwanese on YouTube etc who sell on Amazon, but my Chinese isn’t always good enough to fully understand what they say, and I was just hoping that someone here might be able to share their personal experience, good or otherwise, using Amazon to sell from Taiwan.

Hi! I’m looking to set up dropshipping to the US/UK and would like to sell products that are made in Taiwan… curious whether you were able to find a solution or know of Taiwanese manufacturers. Would appreciate any guidance! Thanks so much

What products, and manufacturers of what? It sounds like you’re looking for someone to provide you with the entire business idea…

1 Like

Sorry for the lack of clarity! Products like customized apparel and and stickers. For example, I am seeking to set up this type of dropshipping system: Print on Demand & DropShipping Platform | 850+ products

To describe the example further:
I’d like to sell a t-shirt with a design that I’ve made, and I would like to sell it through a print-on-demand/dropshipping provider. However, I would like the t-shirt to be made in Taiwan.

So my question is, are there Taiwanese manufacturers (in my example, t-shirt manufacturers) that work with dropshipping providers?

1 Like

I have never used Amazon. But have used etsy and the like. The ones we have used paid out to PayPal. Which is another pain in the ass but it works smoothly.

Drop shippers I have net require an MOQ that the middle person will need to acquire before bothering them. Prices generally high than if just buying a bunch up front. I doubt many would bother, but can always ask.

do u use etsy ads?

No, but they started charging me for ads without me wanting or giving permission for ads. so I have stopped using etsy recently.

I can support with this project, here I based in Berlin and Im Taiwanese! proud of Taiwan products XD