Senator John McCain passes away at age 81

RIP. A exemplary human being and a true American hero.

10 Likes

The way he saved those people in the Nakatomi Tower was incredible.

6 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdKEbyNYbFU
Hell of an honorable man. RIP.

3 Likes

He was a shill for the arms industry, but you have to admire him for making it out of the Hanoi Hilton alive.

2 Likes

He was such a piece of shit, you guys being sarcastic?

2 Likes

I thought he was the no.1 Iraq warmonger, which is probably the deadliest mistake the US has produced in the 21st century so far. Am I missing something?

4 Likes

Nope, also part of the top group warmongering in Syria and responsible for the fuck up that is Libya. Also hated by Democrats in 2008 when running for President and likened to Hitler, also hated by the Tea Party who he urged the IRS to target and now hated by Trump supporters who McCain in recent years has spoken so vocally against and is the only reason he is the darling of the establishment and hero of the MSM.

2 Likes

Keep up the good fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0s_wZgxA7s

@shiadoa what nationality are you?

I live in a Vegetative State :wink:

2 Likes

I identify as Welsh.

That vegetative State would be a Leek then?

That would be appropriation. They’re from central Asia. I only eat dirt - just to be safe.

I felt he was a consistent pain in the ass to everyone and didn’t flip flop around. Didn’t support him in 2008 but I always felt he was genuinely trying. But that’s just me.

2 Likes

Agreed with him on most foreign policy issues, but thought he showed poor judgement at times. For example, when he called Chelsea Clinton ugly. You don`t go after the kids of other politicians.

I`m a fan of populism. I am essentially a Poujadist. However, you could argue, by nominating Palin (which I applauded at the time and still do), he opened the doors for Trump style of populism (with Palin populism being a lot more benign).

Prefer Bush to McCain by far.:face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Anyway, I guess John McCain will be voting Democrat from now on.

1 Like

Of course he helped put forward opinions that were previously being ignored by endorsing Palin; however, thirty years of neoliberal economic policies are the reason for Trump. To even begin to claim that McCain “opened the doors” for Trump is something I would expect from a Guardian journalist.

He could have won if he didn’t put Palin as VP…who the hell would vote for that women after hearing her speak. I can’t wait for her to be on who is America. You know she’s gonna say some dumb shit.

3 Likes

Noice. Very noice.

:notworthy:

Did he get to meet his ISIS friends one more time before he snuffed it?
World is a slightly safer place with one less war monger out of it.

1 Like