Sending a PM to more than one poster at once

How hard would this be?

Some times I send out group reminders about things, and have to compose each PM one by one. Just wondering if there is a demand for multiple recipient PMs?
Also, on that note, is it possible to create and save ‘groups’ of posters so if mass PMs are required it can be done without loading each group member in?(e.g. Animals in Taiwan event, Games Club, Kiwi Hangi Underground Oven Society etc)

OR…is this something that would be open to abuse?

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

I can deal with that.

Hey hey! Hey Ho!

Multiple PMs on the Go!

Hey hey!

Power to the posters!

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES![/quote]

Now why is that? :fume:

:fume: :fume: :fume: :fume:

DragonBABE???

When did this change occur??

Why not Ansilbones??

God! The women’s forum must be spinning!

:wink:

Good question, Truant.

And also, is there a way to go to the next or previous PM without having to jump out of the current PM window?

[quote=“914”]Good question, Truant.

And also, is there a way to go to the next or previous PM without having to jump out of the current PM window?[/quote]

THAT should be really do-able.

[quote=“Truant”]Also, on that note, is it possible to create and save ‘groups’ of posters so if mass PMs are required it can be done without loading each group member in?(e.g. Animals in Taiwan event, Games Club, Kiwi Hangi Underground Oven Society etc)[/quote]Yes, there is a Games Club group, and a weekly movie group that do just that.

[quote]OR…is this something that would be open to abuse?[/quote]I believe only the moderator of the group can send messages. Ask Iris, she’s done it lots of times.

hi folks

I think there are Group PM and PM to multiple recipients modifications. Help me find the one you think is suitable by searching websites like:
phpBB.com
phpBBmods.com

phpbb2mods.com
phpbbdoctor.com
Clan McKeen (I usually avoid his mods)
Niels of DK (I usually like his mods)
Netclectic’s website
(please suggest other sources)
Send me a link to the mod or necessary changes in code, and I’ll bring it up with Maoman.

There isn’t any guarantee that your suggestion will be implemented - although I can promise that we will consider serious suggestions seriously.

Reasons why we would not implement your suggestion are:

1. schedule - both Maoman and I have very full schedules outside of Forumosa
  2. complexity - Forumosa uses a heavily modified phpbb system, and in my experience, about 15% of mods that I try to implement “fail” (meaning: do not work, or do nor work as intended)
  3. performance - sometimes, site performance is adversely affected and we (Maoman, me, and our network of techie friends) do not understand why (and boy, do I hate when that happens!). If we can isolate the poor performance to a modification, then that mod is out

I hope this helps clarify things
g.

[quote=“Goose Egg”]hi folks
There isn’t any guarantee that your suggestion will be implemented - although I can promise that we will consider serious suggestions seriously. [/quote]

I think that answers the question I had about a blanket PM to everybody regarding the T Shirt. Maybe some of the tech heads can work it out before we finally wrap up the T orders (if they are not finally wrapped up already)

I think the best way is it setup a mailing list somewhere. There are a few free places I’ve seen that look nice. I plan on doing it soon for Game Club and some other things. I’d rather have it off site anyway.

Plus, I don’t think the PM system was suppose to be used like that. Another good way (which I’ve suggested once in the way back when…) would be to set up private forums for different groups (ie Game and Movie Club). That way someone could just post there and the people that need to see it would, and the group could be managed using the normal group function.

The only downside is coordinating this needs the time of an Admin (to setup the group and permissions), but after that the group mod can do the rest.

See: [What are usergroups?] for more information.

multiple PMs to me sounds like opening the door for PM-spammers.

[quote=“jdsmith”]DragonBABE???

When did this change occur??

Why not Ansilbones??

God! The women’s forum must be spinning!

:wink:[/quote]

Listen very quietly, do you hear it? It’s the sound of the whip. Booya!

[quote=“rice_t”]multiple PMs to me sounds like opening the door for PM-spammers.[/quote]That is a real possibility. The groups thing might be a better way to go.

yeah, maybe allowing only members of a group to Group PM everyone else in the same group would be ok