Serious Political Pictures

1 Like

I don’t have these issues. I reads books.

2 Likes

1 Like

Can we see documented evidence the claims made in your picture. Please and thank you.

I encourage you to read any academically reliable history of the USA during what’s known as the post-Civil War Reconstruction Era of 1863-1877 if you have doubts.

You are welcome.

1 Like

The problem I find is that all political parties at the time and until know are guilty.

Can you point out how one party is worse than the others.

Ah here we are in a thread called Serious Political Pictures and you’re moving goalposts like Benny Hill spying a bird on the beach.

The picture I posted makes a point that I’ve made here many times. It stands on its own merits, and you are perfectly free to form your own opinions.

I apologize if the image itself has provoked your anger. Not what I wanted; just an acknowledgment of its inherent truth (see reading recommendation) which I think you’ve provided.

Good day, sir, and thank you for not ignoring me here. :bowing:

1 Like

I’m not angry. Just trying to understand how an opinion such as yours can be formed.

You have the recipe, and I didn’t create the image so I’m hardly alone in seeing the parallels between Democrats in 1870 and 2020.

Again, you are welcome.

Being part of a group does not make you correct.

Look at 1930s Germany. See I can draw parallels to a political party as well. Doesn’t mean I’m more correct that anyone else opinion.

Then make your comparisons, as I have.

If you think this makes the parallels between the Democrat party of 1870 and the Democrat party of 2020 invalid - your threat to make your own comparison - then you are as sadly deluded as I tried (hard) not to state.

I mean, suck it up. Own it. It’s undeniable. :idunno:

https://i1.wp.com/www.powerlineblog.com/ed-assets/2020/11/IMG_0674.png?w=1160&ssl=1

Please make a valid argument otherwise you are just stating opinions that are contrary.

Take your time, it’s not a problem. In fact it’s normal. It hurts, I get it.

Find your own way to process it, and check back - if you like. You would not be the first American who’s learned about US politics while living in Taiwan (or outside the US itself, anywhere), my friend.

:joy: can you please inform me how you determined my nationality. I think this answers my questions. :joy: feeling are not stronger than facts.

2 Likes

Except the European experts of the time would have denounced that as fake news on their ‘fact check’ sites.

You perhaps should have posted the original photo alongside for comparison.

2 Likes