Serviced Apartments in Taipei

Hi all,

I will be relocating to Taiwan shortly and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions regarding serviced apartments (room cleaning/linen change etc). I would be looking at taking a 6 month to yearly contract, my ideal budget would be between $300-400 per month.

I have conducted various web searches for serviced apartments but have not managed to turn up very much.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

I think the usual approach is to rent a regular apartment and hire a Filipino maid to come in a couple times a week.

Don’t think you’ll find something here for that kind of money as that’s what a cheap small place is going for in any of the half central areas of Taipei. Although most places like that should come with a washing machine if you look around a bit.

[quote=“Revan”]Hi all,

I will be relocating to Taiwan shortly and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions regarding serviced apartments (room cleaning/linen change etc). I would be looking at taking a 6 month to yearly contract, my ideal budget would be between $300-400 per month.

I have conducted various web searches for serviced apartments but have not managed to turn up very much.[/quote]
Contact some of the hotels and ask for long-term packages. But with 300-400 USD you are probably looking at the lower end. For a yearly contract you might be better off with renting a furnished apartment.

[quote=“Revan”] my ideal budget would be between $300-400 per month.

[/quote]

Are you sure you aren’t confusing this place with Thailand?

400 bucks? That’s NT$13,000. You won’t find anything in Taipei City for that kind of money unless you’re very lucky or are prepared to live in a shithole rooftop walkup or share a place with roomates – you won’t even get an unfurnished place for that. Even out in the outskirts it won’t be so easy, although its do-able. Certainly won’t be serviced, though, that’s for SURE!
As for serviced apartments in Taipei City, you’re looking at probably around NT$40,000-NT$60,000, minimum.
Rascal’s idea is the best so far – find the absolute cheapest hotels you can and then ask them about long-stay deals. Its going to be very far from what you’re probably thinking of – think “no roaches? No bedbugs? Great! I’ll take it!”
Time to rethink your accommodation budget, methinks! :laughing:

Sorry, I actually meant £300-400, so actually about $800. You will have to forgive me as I dont really have any ideas about the prices in Taiwan.

Thanks for the input.

I still dunno about renting a serviced apartment, never heard of such a thing here, but as someone suggested, rent a place and get a maid, you can manage that on that kind of money as long as you’re not looking for something all that big, but at least you could get something fairly central.

I looked into getting a serviced apartment when I first began looking to move to Taipei. From what I have found online is that they start around £700 a month. There might be others out there for less, but I haven’t found them on the net.

[quote=“Revan”]Sorry, I actually meant £300-400, so actually about $800. You will have to forgive me as I dont really have any ideas about the prices in Taiwan.

Thanks for the input.[/quote]

My apartment was about 300 pounds, in the less swish part of XinYi district. It was a rooftop; I loved it for the view, roof garrden and because it was very light and airy. It was fairly basic and had one bedroom and not serviced (heh), but it was within a gated community with great security.

Just to give you an idea of what that amount of money buys. you could get a bigger place in Taipei county and travel in.

OK, so you’re now talking about an upper limit of just over NT$22,000, which is getting you into the lower limit for unfurnished apartment rentals in Taipei City, although its on the low side – NT$25,000/month seems to be a more common price. For sure you’re still not getting a serviced apartment for that kind of money. I’m paying 19,000 for a house, but its way out on the very very outskirts of town and a 30-minute motorbike commute to downtown.

I just found an excellent serviced apartment at NT 24,000.

You should really improve your mandarin

Thanks for the input

What a cool way for a newbie to make friends on flob.

[quote=“Revan”]I just found an excellent serviced apartment at NT 24,000.

You should really improve your mandarin

Thanks for the input[/quote]

Where’s your apartment and how many pings is it, because that seems to be a very good price indeed! Well done.
You’re right, I should really improve my mandarin – not that it has anything to do with the subject at hand – but you should really have something done about that unsightly mole.

Congrats to the OP, but I fear the “serviced” aspect may be gung ho on the chabudo.

[quote=“Revan”]I just found an excellent serviced apartment at NT 24,000.

You should really improve your Mandarin

Thanks for the input[/quote]

So do you tell us how you found it, where it’s located and how big it is?

What do you mean by ‘serviced’?

An apartment that includes cleaning services, change of bed linen etc.