Setting up business on my own - help......!

Is there anyone out there who can tell me what documents to submit , the overall process…the cost etc.

Plus, If I suceeded in getting the “Business License” is it a necessity to have an accountant to “do the books” even when (at the beginning) you aren’t making a million!

All “been there done that” advice appreciated! :notworthy:

come to our monthly entrepreneur meetings

Here’s the thread: http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=40859
And, if you can wait that long, next month’s subject will probably be about setting up a business. If you can’t, I suggest you PM Mr. He

Good luck and hope to see you at the meetings!

[quote=“trevortaipei”]Is there anyone out there who can tell me what documents to submit , the overall process…the cost etc.

Plus, If I suceeded in getting the “Business License” is it a necessity to have an accountant to “do the books” even when (at the beginning) you aren’t making a million!

All “been there done that” advice appreciated! :notworthy:[/quote]

This thread is a good place to start.

It costs about 60k to set up a business if the responsible person is a foreigner, much less if a local.

If you’re registered, you’ve got to keep books. I don’t know if it’s legally possible to do them yourself, but I wouldn’t bother. Accountants can pay for themselves with all the loopholes they know.

The above thread mentions an accountant, Anne Hu. If you go see her, she’ll tell you all the details, for free, in English.

Oh man, I just read your thread’s title. I’m sure someone has DIY’ed it, but it must have been a nightmare.

I was quote NT$20k or so by one accountant for a proprietorship in my foreign name once.

I would not recommend that you DIY a company, if you can’t afford the NT$1,300-3000 in accountant’s fees per month, you should hold off till you can.

You need to do your tax filings at set times, in a special way etc. - and also if you do exports, you have to reclaim tax etc. A semi-decent accountant can do that very well here, my local Yangmei accountant has already saved me a bundle.

If I remember correctly the 60k figure was for a limited liability corporation. It’s news to me that a proprietorship would be cheaper, but I guess that makes sense. Or maybe you’ve just got a better accountant :slight_smile:

If you are local, you can get a proprietorship for NT$10k.

If I remember correctly the 60k figure was for a limited liability corporation. It’s news to me that a proprietorship would be cheaper, but I guess that makes sense. Or maybe you’ve just got a better accountant :slight_smile:[/quote]

Yes a “corporation limited by shares” costs about $60k, if you go for a partnership it is much cheaper and quicker (easier) to set-up…

:notworthy: Thank you all for your advice…much appreciated!