Seven Myths about Police from Movies

Came across this while reading their Best and Worst Star Trek movies:

7 Bullshit Police Myths

I admit that I actually believed at least half of these (italics are my comments):

That’s surprising. That anyone would be ignorant enough to put First Contact at number 2. That movie is crap.

See now this may be off topic but I totally disagree with their assessment, especially in the scope of the World of Trek. In fact I think the list is pretty good up until about #5 which is the Search for Spock, which, to me, is bantha-shit

Kirk used to knock people out by hitting them on their shoulder. myth

Fascinating is a word I use for the unexpected. In this case, I should think “interesting” would suffice.

1. Sting is a good singer.
  1. The police are your friends. They are performing a civic duty. They are there to HELP you. :roflmao:

All cops like donuts and coffee. The cops I know like beetlenuts and whisby :slight_smile:

As for the phone call thing, I had a friend (ahem) who requested his phone call and it was given to him. Unfortunately he didn’t know what number to call :aiyo:

1. Their hi-jinks when learning to be police officers makes for a very wacky comedy

You mean CSI-Miami isn’t a docudrama? I thought the episode where diplomates kids were murdering people and there was nothing Horatio could be done was real. This is one of those things I’d be better off never knowing. It would have been easier for me if I’d seen it on Discovery.