Seventeen punished over Taiwan military gay sex video

Hey, Taiwan made the Drudge Report today!
EDIT-Just noticed this happened a month ago. Did anyone else start a thread on this?

[quote]Taiwan’s military said Tuesday 17 servicemen have been punished over an obscene video involving two male sergeants while on duty, in a scandal that has sparked public outrage.

A cable news channel earlier this month aired a video showing two soldiers clad in camouflage uniforms apparently engaged in oral sex while around 40 other servicemen looked on and laughed.

“The defence ministry has disciplined 13 members of the reserve brigade and sent another four to prosecutors for involvement in public obscenity and spreading an obscene image,” it said in a statement.

Those facing prosecution included the duo allegedly engaged in the act and another sergeant who taped the scene, as well as the captain of their squad, the ministry said.

The 13 were disciplined for “failing to prevent a major incident from happening to damage the military honour,” it said.

The incident happened three years ago during a training course in southern Tainan county, according to the ministry, adding five of the 17 have since retired from the military.

The sex video was the latest in a series of scandals to have hit the island’s military and forced it to apologise amid heated criticism from both the ruling and opposition parties.

A recent crackdown has led to the investigation of 114 generals for alleged corruption or bribing their way to their rank.

The probe, one of the biggest in the history of the island’s armed forces, was launched in April after a retired lieutenant general was indicted on charges of bribery, blackmail and leaking secrets.[/quote]

breitbart.com/article.php?id … _article=1

:laughing:

Apparently it happened in 2006

That WAS after you left, right? :laughing:

Yeah, by about a decade. Seems the military got a lot more fun afterwards. :sunglasses:

Recently there have been several news reports -most with self made video- of everyone from MPs to cadets to officials engaing in all kinds of monkey business.

I remember one that got himslef taped while breakdancing -moonwalk included- with his bayonet when he was suppoosed to be standing guard at the entrance of one of these biggie military compunds. Too bored I guess…

A few of my friends are of course ex-conscripts. considering they are Taiwanese and they told me well before this video came out that these incidents are quite common. I always thought they were bullshitting me until I saw this news report.

Soldier! How’d you like to spend some time in the HOLE !!!

[quote=“Josefus”]Hey, Taiwan made the Drudge Report today!
EDIT-Just noticed this happened a month ago. Did anyone else start a thread on this?
[/quote]

Ah, the Sludge Report. More fascist fascination with homosexuality. You can never tell if they’re appalled by it happening or appalled that they weren’t involved.

breitbart.com/article.php?id … _article=1[/quote]

And what if it had been a prostitute brought into the barracks for a gangbang? Would there still be an investigation and punishment? Considering the attitude toward legal prostitution in Taiwan, I suspect it would have been a non-issue.

I don’t care either way, I’m just throwing out the question.