Sex, Lies and Diary Pages

I’m not a big advocate of adultrey myself. If I were God, I’d probably make it wrong too. But what I’m really advocate of is intellectual honesty. How Taiwanese make such a mokery of the media is beyond me … especially when it comes to their ideas of what law and order are all about:

taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ … 2003054674

My favorite quotes from the article:

Ko appealed to the Taiwan Hight Court, arguing that, “the sex details and the psychological struggle of a woman embroiled in an extra-marital relationship were described in such an accurate and vivid way that the account cannot be imaginary.”

Is Ko admitting that the Taiwanese don’t have an imagination? :unamused: What kind of court would even entertain such a legal argument?

Taiwan is one of the few democratic countries to list adultery as a crime. According to Article 239 of the Criminal Code, convicted adulterers may be sentenced to up to one-year jail term.

There should be a lot of men (at least) in jail in Taiwan. I dare say a lot of legislators, judges and butchers, bakers and candlestick makers.

Feminist groups have struggled to push for the decriminalization of adultery for more than a decade, but received a blow last year when the Council of Grand Justices ruled that “adultery is crime and Article 239 is in accord with the Constitution.”

Yea, like I’ve read the consitution here. It’s a worthless piece of sentimental nonsense. A schoolchild could write a more meaningfull document … like “Happy Mother’s Day Mommy”. As with all Taiwanese law, it is extremely strict, but with always a loophole clause at the end to justify any kind of result.

And your point is: the Chinese way of doing things is wrong?
I think what we have here is a very hurt husband who has a legal recourse for his pain. When most person’s partner even THNIKS of having sex with someone else, they feel threatened. It becoms reality in their mind. Mental

[quote]Everyone entertains the idea of owning their partner, but no one admits to it.
[/quote]

This is a joke, right? Right? :unamused:

Speak for yourself. That thought has never crossed my mind.

BTW, unless I’m mistaken, while adultrey is a crime in Taiwan, it is very difficult to prove… and it is limited to the act of a penis entering a vagina. Thus, fingers, other devices, and oral sex do not count as acts of adultery. Even being caught naked in bed with someone other than your spouse is not deemed adultrey, absent that required penile-vaginal penetration.

Sandman and Tigerman,

Your posts seem like knee-jerk denials, but I am sure if you accidentally saw your woman and a varsity basketball player quickly dressing in her bedroom, you would feel angry for a while, but then realize that she had a momentary lapse of faithfulness. And you’d forgive the guy too because he was not infringing on your territory and boys will be boys.
Or am I missing the point from your perspective entirely? Maybe you would never date a woman who would consider such a thing and then you’d never be caught in such a situation. I really don’t how you feel about these things and am taking a stab in the dark.
But when I wrote that I was thinking that infidelity always incites anger in the cuckold. To me, that feeling of anger at being betrayed must be derived from possessiveness. Wherefrom else could it come?

In other words… In case you are caught with something inside someone not your wife you better pull it out quickly… I guess that wearing condom (rather moist on the outside) would be an incriminating factor.

So much for protecting onself against STDs.

To you, maybe. To me, disappointment or anger at breach of trust in no way equates to possessiveness. If you don’t understand the difference between mutual trust and ownership, that’s not my problem.
And as for the fact that this whole argument is purely academic because its my wife who actually owns me, well let’s not even go there. :wink:

[quote=“Quirky”]Sandman and Tigerman,

Your posts seem like knee-jerk denials, but I am sure if you accidentally saw your woman and a varsity basketball player quickly dressing in her bedroom, you would feel angry for a while, but then realize that she had a momentary lapse of faithfulness. And you’d forgive the guy too because he was not infringing on your territory and boys will be boys.
Or am I missing the point from your perspective entirely?[/quote]

Yes, you are missing the point, entirely.

You certainly are.

For me, it would derive from the breach of the trust that is our marriage and commitment to us.

What if I said that when we were young newlyweds, we engaged in consentual swinging with outside partners? There would be no breach of trust in such a situation, would there?

I’m not saying that we did or didn’t engage in consentual swinging… just using the example to illustrate that your notion is flawed, from my perspective, of course.

So, no. My reply was not at all knee-jerk.

Quirky, it’s you who are missing the point. The point is that infidelity is a PRIVATE matter between two people in a relationship. Sexual relationships are none of the government’s business (unless they involve minors). Period. Sure, the cuckold is justifiably angry, as I’m sure I would be in a similar situation. But he should be man enough to not have to resort to whining to the cops to ‘take care of’ his wife and lover. That marks him as a coward and a loser - running to the arms of the law because he’s not competent enough to take care of his own personal life and marital failure.