Shaking dog disease?

I did a search for shaking dog, didn’t get much.

There is a very friendly cute medium sized stray dog that lives in the park across from me. I call it nodding dog…since it has some kind of shaking sickness that causes it to walk around nodding it’s head constantly. The dog is so cute…it tries to talk with you whenever you give it attention by letting out a low pittiful moan…as if to say “thanks for the attention” or possibly “is there anything you can do to help me?”.

Only problem is that every time I pet it…it then follows me back into my underground garage and I have to shoo it out. It’s so friendly and it’s personality is strong…but I’m afraid it’s future will be very bleak indeed. So what’s up with this shaking sickness…is there a cure?

It may be that the dog has survived distemper; many that do will display neurological disorders such as those you describe.

If so, there’s nothing you can do for it - at least, for the disorder. You could, of course, take the dog in and give it the kind of life it obviously yearns for and deserves. :wink:

Let me know if you need any help getting it checked up at the vet, getting it its shots, etc.

Sean

[quote=“Stray Dog”]It may be that the dog has survived distemper; many that do will display neurological disorders such as those you describe.

If so, there’s nothing you can do for it - at least, for the disorder. You could, of course, take the dog in and give it the kind of life it obviously yearns for and deserves. :wink:

Let me know if you need any help getting it checked up at the vet, getting it its shots, etc.

Sean[/quote]

I know of a kind vet who gives major discounts to people helping strays…but I’m so in the red right now…that it will have to wait a month or two :s . The dog is near Chung-Li…is that far from you Stray Dog?

I can get there. Or you can take it to the vet, get it checked over, check it for an ID chip, get it its shots, determine its sex so we can stop calling it ‘it’ :wink: , and book it in to be neutered.

I’ll pay for everything if you can promise to take care of it afterward. I will help with any immediate vet bills, and slowly you can assume responsibility as you come out of the red.

Having a dog here, if you can commit to it, is a fantastic way to open up your world. Having someone at home that’s visibly happy to see you, no matter how late you are or what you’ve done that day, is great.

Let me know. If you need, I’ll come to Chong Li and take you both to the vet. Would be great if you could do it yourself, though.

BTW, I’m saying ‘I’ will pay for everything because I need to check with my colleagues at AnimalsTaiwan that this is acceptable, but I don’t see why not, as it’s the same as any other rescue accept we can be certain of a home for the rescuee.

Let me know. :sunglasses: My number is below.

Sean

I hear you about the dog. I have one. And one is enough for me…and more importantly my roommate. If I got another dog he’d move out. And it’s tough finding a roommate that you get along with. We’ve been roommates for about 6 years off and on. And no…we aren’t gay…well, I’m not…he’s kinda on the edge. Getting off topic…focus.

I also like to travel with my dog on my scooter…couldn’t fit another on…so, I wouldn’t be able to take it in. I’ll probably just wait a month or so and get it checked out at the vets… if it’s cureable…then I’ll start asking if anyone wants it…but chances are slim.

Distemper survivor dogs should be very valuable. They ought to be snapped up by dog breeders to have lots of distemper-resistant offspring.

But that’s just my idea.

If the dog’s symptoms are residual from distemper, the neurological damage is probably permanent. However, they usually don’t really affect the dog’s quality of life.

I just went for a walk around the park outside my house. And shaky dog followed me the whole time…such a good dog…Every time I talked to it, it would answer me. Sooooo cute. It wouldn’t bark loudly to answer…it would just kind of mumble in response to me asking how it felt…etc.

My dog has the shaking problem in it’s left front leg. He’s full of piss and vinegar but it’s been affecting his sleep. He’s only had his second shot and will get his third Sept. 6th. I am happy to see this link and believe it to be the same problem. All the vets have just been telling us to keep an eye on him. He’s a great one but I have to keep him away from the stray I took in with the broken leg.

That’s great, proto_tw - about taking in the strays, I mean.

How many do you have now?

I’ve only got the 2 and need to find August a home until Cootter (my dog) get’s his 3rd shot. I wasn’t planning on getting August but after the car hit her I just couldn’t leave her. She’s a sweet heart and it breaks my heart that I can’t spend more time giving her the love she deserves. But at least she is getting clean water, good food and a rub down morning and night. Took her to the vet yesterday and the leg is looking good.

Wish I could help with the temp home, but I’m kinda full myself.

Hopefully someone can step in and help you out for a few weeks.

Good luck! And good job! :bravo: :notworthy:

Sean