Sharapova - phwworrr!

Just watched the women’s final. Exciting stuff. Nice to see someone break the Williams duopoly too.
It was great seeing her and her dad hugging and crying afterwards - aahhh - got a bit choked up myself.

Typical teenager though - when Elektra’s done making out with her dad she makes everyone wait while she makes a call on her mobile phone. Priceless!

But she is so very lovely to watch, isn’t she? [drool drool] :howyoudoin:

What no pics ?

here you go then: mariaworld.net/

BFM, since your link doesn’t work let me supply one…
tennisrulz.com/players/shara … lery01.htm

And yes, she’s a babe, albeit a young’un. :heart:

Her greatest trait is undoubtedly her excellent focus and determination, she switches on her mask which reminds me of Tiger at his best, and LArmstrong. Her shots are amazing, especially her backhand and angles.

That was a great match. :rainbow:

And Serena is very gracious, I look forward to seeing her win more. She is super sweet and yummy too. She looked a little out of sorts today.

Edit: Let me clarify…Serena is ‘a little’ yummy, more awesome for her fitness, power and style. There is much to admire about her. I am disappointed that someone (Spack) could compare her to that animal Tyson… :noway:

I thought she was cute,then she made her little pathetic speech.Imagine spending a lifetime with such a useless voice.

YUCK

:noway:
What?!!

Serena Williams is Mike Tyson in drag!

[quote=“rassie”]I thought she was cute,then she made her little pathetic speech.Imagine spending a lifetime with such a useless voice.
YUCK[/quote]

She’s 17, her mother tongue is Russian, she’s just won her first ever grand slam against a Williams, and you’re griping about her oratory skills?
:unamused:

I don’t care about her speaking voice in the least. She’s

1. A great tennis player
  2. Damn fine
  3. Just won goddamned Wimbledon

Christ, if I’d just won an event or award THAT globally renowned, I’d be lucky to be able to gibber out a coherent sentence, let alone if I was expected to do so in a second language.

What was her ranking before Wimbledon?
Is she a top ten player?

[quote=“sticks of fury”]What was her ranking before Wimbledon?
Is she a top ten player?[/quote]

She was ranked 13 at Wimbledon.

Here is her monthly ranking progress for the last year: very steady improvement…

Jun 04_____15
May 04_____19
Apr 04_____19
Mar 04_____23
Feb 04_____22
Jan 04_____31
Dec 03_____32
Nov 03_____31
Oct 03_____32
Sep 03_____47
Aug 03_____53
Jul 03_____56