Share your Covid Vaccination Experience Here

Felt bad during that first night after the shot. Woke up the next day and felt good, but things turned sour for the rest of the day: muscle aches, a slight headache, felt hot but no fever. On the second day after my AZ shot, I felt much better. Only a slight headache. Better the next day. Went for a short walk on that third day after the shot. On the fourth day after getting vaccinated, went for a 6k hike. Back to 95% (my time was a bit slower than normal so I wouldn’t say 100% on the fourth day).

3 Likes

I’ve been informed that on Sunday her temperature went as high as 39. That’s scary.

3 Likes

I’m allergic to the 3 major antibiotics (penicillin, keflex, sulfa), and am scheduled for tomorrow afternoon for my first az shot. I also have more of a reaction to bee/wasp stings than most people, but never life threatening, just extra swelling and lasts much longer. Will see what the doc at the clinic says when I tell him/her. Wife had hers two days ago, she just felt a bit tired yesterday.

1 Like

Isn’t it that most allergic reactions happen quite quickly after vaccination? If I was in that situation, I’d be tempted to hang around/nearby the hospital longer than the usual 15 min (and get vaccinated in a proper hospital rather than a clinic).

3 Likes

Here is a link I found which could help somebody decide if they should/should not take the vaccine because of allergies.

3 Likes

My wife got the vax-jab yesterday. The worst symptom so far is that she was a little slower making my dinner last night and my lunch today tasted a tad uninspired. I sure hope these symptoms subside soon.

12 Likes

I am sure she is a bit vexed with her husband too…

4 Likes

Three of my foreigner friends have been jabbed. Two of them in their 60s have completed the regimen and had no reactions at all after either jab. One is quite healthy and the other is far from being considered healthy.
My 3rd friend, late 50s had a slight reaction after his 1st jab, nothing serious. He’s an avid hiker and in quite good shape. All got the AZ jab.

3 Likes

Here’s my experience from the other thread

I pretty much had the same exact experience as you @hannes , except I caved and took a pain killer after 30 hours. It was a work day the next day and I did not to spend a few hours rolling around in bed before falling asleep.

2 Likes

My Boss, his wife and one of my colleagues just got the AZ jab last friday morning…They all felt great right after the jab with my boss and his wife coming back to work right after while my colleague went home to rest. By 8 pm that night, my colleague said he had a 38C fever with severe body aches all over, especially on his shoulders and his waist (lower back). It hurt him so bad that even when he asked his daughter to scratch his back, it was unbearable. My boss had a mild headache and generally stuffy feeling (in his words “很悶”) and couldn’t sleep all night. His wife, on the other hand, had no side effects at all and felt amazing all day and the next. By Monday morning, all 3 said they were good and reported no side effects at all. My boss and his wife are in their mid 50s while my colleague is in his early 40s.

4 Likes

I’ve written about this at least once in a different thread, but … first dose of AZ was in the morning. Felt fine all day. Felt fine at night too, but couldn’t sleep. Next day mainly felt a “malaise” (good word from upthread!), or as I keep saying, just sort of hungover. Did OK at teaching in the afternoon but certainly wasn’t at my best. Zero appetite and basically forced myself to eat, but no nausea; didn’t notice a fever. After that mostly OK, but stayed off my bicycle for four or five days because I just didn’t feel right - didn’t have any dizzy spells, but perpetually felt on the edge of one, if that makes sense. I didn’t notice the arm feeling sore for the first day or two, but it did feel sore for a few days after that.

Second dose of AZ, nothing. Nada. So little a part of my brain wonders if I got a dud.

5 Likes

It was weird for me, I had a good appetite, wanted to eat, but ended up not eating much volume.

I would finish eating and about 15 minutes later, have a craving for sweets.

1 Like

Great to see the similarities and differences in experiences. Some people say, the better your body works the worse the symptoms. Not sure about my level of fitness, @ranlee is most likely in better shape than me cause of the biking, and he got it nasty too, so… I know of at least one woman in her early 50s without any symptoms at all. How is gender a factor?

Should have read stories like the ones above before the shot to be better prepared, but than it was not that bad after all. Just hate those headaches.

So there are people who believe they had Covid before, but are not sure because they were never tested. If these people get a shot of AZ and have a significant reaction, does that mean they never had Covid, how does that work? (Probably been discussed before somewhere and I didn’t pay attention…)

1 Like

@admin or @hannes can you edit the original topic and change the links to the right site: 1922.com.tw instead, or whatever the right site is?

1 Like

With all the Youbiking you do, I would not be surprised if we were in the same pool. Things I do not post are the meals I eat after my work outs. :laughing:

1 Like

Sorry, my bad. Was still under the influence… (bad excuse).

Thanks for pointing that out!

1 Like

It’s “gov” not “com” by the way… https://1922.gov.tw/

Ha ha, can happen to anyone, apparently.

1 Like

Nah, I think I’ll leave that typo unchanged because it’s funny.

1 Like

My female colleague, in her late 50’s, also experienced no side effects, while another female colleague, just about 50, had severe fatigue and some soreness but bounced back after a couple of days.

My jab is this week. As much as I want it, kinda dreading any possible side effects.

1 Like

Walked to clinic, got shot, and back within half an hour. Course I live in a small town. Doc wasn’t concerned about my antibiotics or insect allergies. I asked him for the batch number and he showed me the vial, that it was made in Japan, and the batch number.

We’ll see how the night goes.

3 Likes