Share your Covid Vaccination Experience Here

Wow, that was so efficient and painless. I didn’t even feel a bit of a prick, for a change.

4 Likes

I’ve got a strange taste in my mouth which I assume is psychosomatic.

I got mine at a small hospital. I thought there was a better chance someone would speak English. I rode up on my bike and changed my shirt in an alley, but got that one soaked through before getting to the line because it was a hot day. The medics outside didn’t speak English, so one of them pulled my information from their computer and filled one form out for me. Then they called out a doctor who spoke English and he told me where to write my name on the vaccination card. Then a nurse came out and told me how to fill out the rest of the form. Then I got my shot. I had arrived just before 3 and it was 3:15. I waited 15 minutes, and rode away. No serious muscle pain.
Then I went home and googled AstraZeneca and alcohol. I stayed under the recommended amount (which seemed to be around 4 standard drinks, less than my occasional 6+), but I can’t say if anything I feel now are side affects of the vaccine or the result of alcohol-hindered sleep. I mostly feel normal except for some joint pain, some soreness around my kidneys, and general malaise. It’s been about 20 hours and I think I only have a mild fever. I think if I hadn’t had a drink I could have had a productive day off work today.

6 Likes

:beers: :grin:

5 Likes

I’m absolutely not offering medical advice, but I read alcohol drank in moderation can thin the blood and lessen the chances of blood clots. That’s all the excuse I need.
Conversely, excessive drinking over a long period can seriously increase the chances.

4 Likes

Same strategy for me. But I downloaded the form and asked a colleague to write the info in Chinese. Hopefully will speed up the process.

Ah, good news indeed. I wondered about this but hadn’t googled it yet. I’m not gonna party to celebrate getting vaxxed but just wanna take the edge off and nap.

On the vax countdown now.

Not knowing what you’re feeling is alcohol or side effects is a big reason why you don’t want to overdo it. I had a (tall) beer and about a third of another one on the day of. Lots of food with the beer. The next day nothing. The day after that (third day after the shot) I tried some scotch but it tasted really bad after a small sip. That scared me more than anything because it was good scotch. Anyway, I recommend laying off the booze for another day or two. BTW, I read two or three drinks for a male is okay (didn’t see anything about 4 drinks!).

7 Likes

AZ first shot.
A little sore injection site. No side effects.
Give these AZ, vaccine chemists nobel prizes. :+1:

4 Likes

How long ago did you take it

1 Like

Yeah, my taste buds were a little wonky for a few days (first shot only); that’s part of why I had to force myself to eat. But I also have that symptom if I haven’t slept enough, and the night after the first shot I had very little sleep, so I still wonder if my “side-effects” were more from the lack of sleep than the vaccine itself.

2 Likes

Around 27 hours

My wife and I got the AZ shot at an OB GYN clinic. I just felt a little soreness the next day in my crotch…uh… I mean shoulder. The wife had a headache and slept about 17 hours the next day.

3 Likes

Thanks for answering. You should be clear now.

1 Like

I’ve had two doses of AZ now in the UK.
Bit tired the day after the first, but nothing on the second.

1 Like

Hope so. I reckon. I will see after 48 hours to be certain.

Based on above posts so far it feels like there is a 50/50 chance of getting no to very mild reactions vs feeling unpleasant for half a day or longer. Interesting. Keep those stories coming.

My husband and I both started feeling muscle soreness in our arms around 12 hours after vaccination. The day after the shot, my husband got a low fever and chills, I had a persistent headache. His fever and my headache were both gone around the 36 hour mark. Arm soreness lasted for 72 hours for both of us.

3 Likes

Got my first shot on Monday morning. After 12 hours I started to feel like I had the flu, went to sleep and felt better in the morning. This morning I went for a walk but felt tired after 20 minutes or so. I usually walk for an hour no problem but other than that I feel fine.

2 Likes

26 or so hours after shot #1. I’ve had an annoying headache that’s been buggin since this morning. I haven’t taken any meds for said headache, not sure if I will tonight before sleep. I suppose it depends on if it keeps me from sleeping or not. I’m also low on energy and a bit “foggy” in the brain. Slept well last night otherwise, hopefully tonight too.

3 Likes

Can somebody remind me what kind of pain medicine is okay after getting vaccinated? My wife is getting the AZ shot tomorrow and I want to have some pain meds ready.

1 Like