Share Your Mantra

Don’t give up, give back.

In an infinite universe (such as the one in which we happen to live) anything is possible.

There’s no point being alive if you’re not going to enjoy it.
(By which I mean, my friend, that you’re working too bloody hard again. You’ve started numerous threads on this whole lifestyle thing, but you still haven’t changed anything, btw.)

Whose life is it anyway?

Yes I can.

I make my own luck.

Most of the things that most people believe are complete rubbish.

And leave my underwear out of this.

“We only get what we give”

• New Radicals

Life is a mystery - everyone must stand alone.

What happens overseas stays overseas, except disease

:laughing:

The best advice my father ever gave me was…

Don’t expect anything and you won’t be disappointed.

“Well, I hope they get it all worked out.”–my mother, on any kind of dispute or conflict involving other people, especially complicated conflicts

“I could have been more if I could have been less.”–my father, speaking of his past (I try to apply it to the present)

“Invest in loss.”–Cheng Man Ch’ing

Age quod agis (do what you are doing).

“Do what you can do, where you are, with what you have.”–Virginia farmer, quoted by Teddy Roosevelt

“There’s not much difference between one man and another, but what difference there is, is very important.”–Massachusetts carpenter, quoted by Emerson (I may have garbled that one)

“Don’t put it in the sheets” - Me

Oh and
“Stay away from gifts that keep on giving” - Me

Said right after imparting Chewycorns advice to someone :smiley: Unless, of course:
“If unable to comply, return to sender with interest”

Put your food where your mouth is.

Good enough is not good enough

Death before dismemberment.

Chance favors the favored mind.

In the realm of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Give me the courage to change the things I can, strength to endure the things I can’t, and wisdom to know the difference - anon

I don’t know where this one came from but hearing my dad say it while he was struggling with alchohol and homeless at the time gave it new meaning.
“Don’t sweat the small stuff.”

“When doing good don’t seek fame, when doing evil don’t get caught” - Zhuangzi

And my sig is Stan’s dad from south park.

How could I have forgotten the most important things my mother said to me when I was having a hellish year in 8th grade?

I was getting picked on daily both because of my race and because my family was poor and I would walk to school ashamed of myself and where I came from. My mother happened to watch me leaving one day and when I came home, she sat me down and said this to me:

“It breaks my heart to see you walk with your head down because that means you think other people are better than you and I know that’s not true. I never want to see you with your head down. You look those kids in the eye because you are much better than they will ever be.”

Another thing she said on the matter was, “It doesn’t matter who makes your clothes or how much money you have in your bank account. People will respect you if you carry yourself with respect.”

She is a wise woman.

In through the nose, out through the mouth…

Used to find it condescending when someone else said it, now I say it to myself daily!

Me?
“Screw what anyone else thinks”
“Life should be fun, and if it’s not, you’re not doing it right”
“It’ll all turn out fine in the end, and if it hasn’t turned out right, it’s not the end”

And to adapt two that were posted before:
“What goes on tour stays on tour”
“Don’t expect anything and you’ll never be disappointed, but you could be pleasantly surprised.” (It amazes me how many people don’t really get this and think it means “expect to get nothing”)

I hate the burbs. I hate bobos in paradise. I hate hating. In fact I may even hate hating hate but by god that is a lot of hating. Hating is nothing like skating. It’s not much fun and it doesn’t give you rosy cheeks either.

Most of these sound more like mottos than mantras.

OM~ ~ ~