Shaun of the Dead

Did anyone else notice a glitch in the matrix last night (Nov.14) between 1130-100? -Amazingly, HBO did not play ConAir or Critters for the 1000th time. There was actually a Fuuunnnnny movie on.

Man O Man !!!

The little cowboy saw that in the video store a couple of weeks ago and has been raggin’ me constantly to get it.

So it is funny? Body parts? Body part chewing? Exploding heads? (vetting the pic for Mrs. Cowboy)

Thanks for posting about this movie.

Also…I highly reccomend “Mr. Incredible”, I hope they do a sequel.

Just rented it last night…it was pretty funny.

“Layer cake” was great, but probably not suitable for the Little Cowboy! :noway:

[quote=“4nr”]Did anyone else notice a glitch in the matrix last night (Nov.14) between 1130-100? -Amazingly, HBO did not play ConAir or Critters for the 1000th time. There was actually a Fuuunnnnny movie on.

Anyone who likes Shaun of the Dead should check out the TV series ‘Spaced’, made earlier by the same team. It’s much funnier IMO (especially Series 1). However, I must warn people that it’s largely zombie free.

Not true! There’s a pre-SHAUN zombie episode (the one where Brian -the art guy - confronts his ex lover and Tim’s high as a kite and starts seeign zombies all around him).

If you blink you’ll miss this - but in SHAUN OF THE DEAD, the speed-freak bike courrier guy from SPACED cameos, in character, but as a zombie, and Pegg’s SPACED costar pops up as his ex.

I also recommend checking out the series LOOK AROUND YOU, from SHAUN alumnus Peter Serafinowicz (“sort your fucking shit out” roomie in SHAUN), and both series 1 & 2 feature Edgar Wright (SPACED/SHAUN co-creator), Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. Sason two features Mark Heath (Brian from SPACED).

Series 1 is a piss take on “science programs for colleges and learning institutions” with 8 minute episodes, and Series 2 is a piss take on WORLD OF TOMORROW/THAT’S INCREDIBLE (for yanks).

Finally, in the SHAUN universe (that I didn’t intend to know, but kinda stumbled into over the years) Simon Pegg, in SHAUN gear, cameos in Romero’s LAND OF THE DEAD, in the “Chihuahua, where’s my car” bar scene.

Not true! There’s a pre-SHAUN zombie episode (the one where Brian -the art guy - confronts his ex lover and Tim’s high as a kite and starts seeign zombies all around him).

[/quote]

Ahem… I said largely zombie free :slight_smile: I do remember that episode, great stuff. The performance by the avant-garde artist (‘Vulva’, I recall) is so messy it still haunts my subconscious.

Watched SHAUN of the DEAD last night. Pretty funny.

This is one of the best modern zombie movies I have ever seen. I don’t watch a lot of TV because so much of it is that pretentious Hollywood crap. This was refreshing and funny, all on what was probably a small budget.

I caught this on TV last night and it was pretty damn good. You can’t go wrong watching a movie that has:
[ul][li]Zombies getting their heads bashed in[/li]
[li]A fat white dude saying “What’s up niggas!”[/li]
[li]A zombie playing PS2[/li]
[li]and other good shit like that.[/li][/ul]
It’s also a touching movie that made almost almost tear up a little bit. :frowning:

Check it!

[HBO - Fri, 19 May at 11:00 am
Thu, 25 May at 1:45 pm
Mon, 29 May at 7:20 pm
Tue, 30 May at 4:15 am (clicky to HBO PROGRAM DETAILS)]

4 thumbs up! from myself & the youngcwboy on Shaun of the Dead.

Hilarious movie.

I saw it in the theatre, didn’t care for it. I really tried to like this movie, but …

I liked it alot.
Definitely worth repeated viewing. :slight_smile:

Great movie, but I would imagine that the HBO version would heavilycensor the language, causing one to miss lines like

“Any of you cunts ready for another drink?”

Hey, it’s important in context.

It does lack something when jokes like Shaun talks to his mother about his stepfather and says how he called his stepfather a “motherfucker” are gone.

Otherwise - slice of fried gold.

I like it when the zombies are closing in on them outside the Winchester and the guy gets a phone call. “Two minutes mate. Yeah, I got nuffin. Yeah, I know.” It’s so British it’s untrue.

Zoidberg, maybe it’s just a British thing.

Just got it via XXXXXXXXX and will watch it soon. :slight_smile:

Just found some of the “Spaced” episodes on youtube. Just watched the first one, its pretty good.

youtube.com/watch?v=qHc0VDdhXVQ& … =1&t=t&f=b

If anyone can post more links to all the episodes, that would be cool. I saw a few more but not all of them. (series 1 and 2).