Shaving, razor, blades

I have been using Gillette ContourPlus razor and disposable blades combo (white/orange packaging) ever since I got to Taiwan, but now the razor blades (5 in a pack) have completely disappeared from the supermarket shelves and everywhere else that used to stock them. So now I am looking for a replacement and my question to the guys who use razors is, what do you use? What do you recommend?

Thanks!

Mach 3.

Buy the new razor, silly.

I recommend the Gillette 3000…

Huh? I still have the razor, but need new blades.

Huh? I still have the razor, but need new blades.[/quote]

You okay there, son?
Get a coffee if you need to.

They don’t MAKE blades for your razor any more.
They want you buy the NEW razor.
They make blades for the NEW razor.
Later, they’ll stop making blades for the NEW razor.
Then you’ll need to buy ANOTHER NEW razor.

If you just started shaving last week, I apologise.

Alternatively, you can just start shaving like the big boys do, with

classicshaving.com/catalog/i … 415886.htm

and

classicshaving.com/catalog/i … 906451.htm

And then you’ll always be able to get blades. :wink:

Yeah, dude. They don’t sell the razors, they sell the blades. That’s where the revenue comes from. They make a LOSS on the razors and a massive profit on the blades. Same with game consoles. They sell those things at a loss because of the huge profits they’re going to reap from sales of the games.

Buy a new razor.

[quote=“jimipresley”]Yeah, dude. They don’t sell the razors, they sell the blades. That’s where the revenue comes from. They make a LOSS on the razors and a massive profit on the blades. Same with game consoles. They sell those things at a loss because of the huge profits they’re going to reap from sales of the games.

Buy a new razor.[/quote]

Well, it’s a bit like us avid bottle collectors jimi being forced to buy them filled with various liquids.

[quote=“almas john”][quote=“jimipresley”]Yeah, dude. They don’t sell the razors, they sell the blades. That’s where the revenue comes from. They make a LOSS on the razors and a massive profit on the blades. Same with game consoles. They sell those things at a loss because of the huge profits they’re going to reap from sales of the games.

Buy a new razor.[/quote]

Well, it’s a bit like us avid bottle collectors jimi being forced to buy them filled with various liquids.[/quote]

I know, right???

I’m like, no I don’t NEED another bottle OR more cans, just give me the STUFF!!!

Don’t they have rum shops in Jamaica and Cuba where you bring your own bottle and they fill it from the keg???

[quote=“the chief”][quote=“almas john”][quote=“jimipresley”]Yeah, dude. They don’t sell the razors, they sell the blades. That’s where the revenue comes from. They make a LOSS on the razors and a massive profit on the blades. Same with game consoles. They sell those things at a loss because of the huge profits they’re going to reap from sales of the games.

Buy a new razor.[/quote]

Well, it’s a bit like us avid bottle collectors jimi being forced to buy them filled with various liquids.[/quote]

I know, right???

I’m like, no I don’t NEED another bottle OR more cans, just give me the STUFF!!!

Don’t they have rum shops in Jamaica and Cuba where you bring your own bottle and they fill it from the keg???[/quote]
They sell milk like that in India. Take your own keg or jug and get dispensed milk! Doesn’t help you but you know…it’s good to know.

[quote=“divea”][quote=“the chief”][quote=“almas john”][quote=“jimipresley”]Yeah, dude. They don’t sell the razors, they sell the blades. That’s where the revenue comes from. They make a LOSS on the razors and a massive profit on the blades. Same with game consoles. They sell those things at a loss because of the huge profits they’re going to reap from sales of the games.

Buy a new razor.[/quote]

I know, right???

Don’t they have rum shops in Jamaica and Cuba where you bring your own bottle and they fill it from the keg???[/quote]
They sell milk like that in India. Take your own keg or jug and get dispensed milk! Doesn’t help you but you know…it’s good to know.[/quote]

It IS good to know, thanks!

In case I ever start drinking milk.

:roflmao:

You know where it comes from, right??

[quote=“the chief”][quote=“divea”][quote=“the chief”][quote=“almas john”][quote=“jimipresley”]Yeah, dude. They don’t sell the razors, they sell the blades. That’s where the revenue comes from. They make a LOSS on the razors and a massive profit on the blades. Same with game consoles. They sell those things at a loss because of the huge profits they’re going to reap from sales of the games.

Buy a new razor.[/quote]

I know, right???

They sell milk like that in India. Take your own keg or jug and get dispensed milk! Doesn’t help you but you know…it’s good to know.[/quote]

You know where it comes from, right??[/quote]
From a cow’s teats?

[quote=“divea”][quote=“the chief”][quote=“divea”][quote=“the chief”][quote=“almas john”][quote=“jimipresley”]Yeah, dude. They don’t sell the razors, they sell the blades. That’s where the revenue comes from. They make a LOSS on the razors and a massive profit on the blades. Same with game consoles. They sell those things at a loss because of the huge profits they’re going to reap from sales of the games.

Buy a new razor.[/quote]

I know, right???

You know where it comes from, right??[/quote]
From a cow’s teats?[/quote]

EXACTLY!!!

Next thing you’ll be expecting me to drink WATER, for crying out loud.

Water!!

Fish FUCK in there, man!!!

hahahahah…I drink water. A lot of it. What’s the point of drinking anything that isn’t totally fucked up. It’s good for the immunity.

Oh and I just got tested for Malaria, Dengue, and evrything else coz I am sick…I don’t think the water is boosting my immunity! :smiley:

[quote=“jimipresley”]Yeah, dude. They don’t sell the razors, they sell the blades. That’s where the revenue comes from. They make a LOSS on the razors and a massive profit on the blades. Same with game consoles. They sell those things at a loss because of the huge profits they’re going to reap from sales of the games.

Buy a new razor.[/quote]
So the smart move is to buy a game system and no games, that’ll show the bastards!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I’ve progressed from one to two to three to four to five fucking blades. I’m not buying a razor till they bring out mach point 6.

In the meantime, I’m peeling beer cans and shaving with raw aluminium.

When was the last time you cut yourself shaving?

The fucking horror of living in the first world these days…

[quote=“ryanx”]I have been using Gillette ContourPlus razor and disposable blades combo (white/orange packaging) ever since I got to Taiwan, but now the razor blades (5 in a pack) have completely disappeared from the supermarket shelves and everywhere else that used to stock them. So now I am looking for a replacement and my question to the guys who use razors is, what do you use? What do you recommend?

Thanks![/quote]
I’m not sure where you can get those particular blades, but you may just want to buy whatever latest multi-blade system Gillette or Schick are selling. You could always try a double-edge razor like the chief suggested. Or you could stop throwing blades away completely and shave like a man: forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 0#p1198354

Has anyone seen safety razors and blades in a shop here in Taipei? All I could find was a guy selling Gillette Blue blades (雙面刀架) on Ruten.

Cheers

[quote=“SlowRain”][quote=“ryanx”]I have been using Gillette ContourPlus razor and disposable blades combo (white/orange packaging) ever since I got to Taiwan, but now the razor blades (5 in a pack) have completely disappeared from the supermarket shelves and everywhere else that used to stock them. So now I am looking for a replacement and my question to the guys who use razors is, what do you use? What do you recommend?

Thanks![/quote]
I’m not sure where you can get those particular blades, but you may just want to buy whatever latest multi-blade system Gillette or Schick are selling. You could always try a double-edge razor like the chief suggested. Or you could stop throwing blades away completely and shave like a man: forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 0#p1198354[/quote]
Returns a 404 for me. I went to DE years ago (10? No idea) and never looked back. I don’t even bother buying good blades these days, I’m just scraping hair off my face, and it’s not that pretty to start with.

I tried the straight razor thing hoping it would be even cheaper, but I don’t have the time for all that.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2