She was 11th prisoner executed since Trump resumed executions

Yes

The greater good.

The problem is that too much money is wasted in the US before executions. It should be done quickly and cheaply.

Yes, absolutely no doubt even possible.

Seeing as you know what her crime was it might be prudent to actually learn what her background was like before committing that crime. You can read a bit about it here.

1 Like

How? She committed the crime and knew the punishment. Justice.

3 Likes

Yeah, it definitely wasn’t her fault for committing murder, definitely wasn’t the jury’s fault for sentencing her to death, definitely wasn’t the fault of all the various judges who reviewed the case and declined to reverse the sentencing. . . .

Nope, ORANGE MAN BAD!

Life protip: don’t murder anyone in the U.S. and the government won’t execute you.

4 Likes

Well, I guess people were wrong to worry that Amy Barrett’s Catholic belief would affect her judicial opinions, at least when it comes to executions.

In 2018, Pope Francis revised the Catechism of the Roman Catholic Church , a doctrinal manual used for teaching Catholic children and converts worldwide, to describe the death penalty as “an attack on the inviolability and dignity of the person” that is “inadmissible” in all cases.

If you want to make political statements about death at the hands of the state ~ under Obama at least 10 times that number of completely innocent people were murdered as “collateral damage” to drone strikes.

I won’t cry about a convicted killer.

4 Likes

Are they?

Did she commit a lesser crime because she’s a female ?

What do you suggest be done with such a person?

1 Like

Predictable.

Of course more were murdered under Trump via drone strikes…

Yeah, I thought he claimed to be pro life

For all those happy she got the death penalty, I hope you read a little bit about her life.

It’s very disturbing. This needs to be taken into consideration when sentencing

"Lisa Montgomery’s first experiences of sexual abuse occurred indirectly when she was three years old. She would lie in bed at night beside her beloved half-sister Diane, close enough to touch, while Diane, then eight, was being raped by their male babysitter.

At the age of 11, Montgomery learned what it was like to be attacked herself. Her stepfather Jack, a “mean drunk” who regularly beat her and her mother, began raping her once or twice a week."

… It goes on

Over time, the abuse expanded. Montgomery’s stepfather invited friends round to gang rape her in the room – ordeals that would last for hours and end with the men urinating on her like she was trash. Her mother got in on the act too, selling Montgomery’s body to the plumber and the electrician whenever she needed odd jobs doing

1 Like

Are you responding to me? Then yes, entirely predictable that I would ask a follow up question. Or are you assuming that because I ask a question I MUST MOST CERTAINLY be FOR the death penalty? :runaway:

It’s a loaded question.

1 Like

Trump did not execute these people because of justice, he did this for political gain.
That makes the whole thing even more disgusting!

3 Likes

Yeah, Obama and Trump are pretty much the same in the murdering stakes.