I have two passports - a US passport and a non resident Taiwan passport. I am currently in Taiwan.
I need to take a business trip to Shenzhen. I’ve read that you can have a 144 hour visa exemption for transit, and this can be used for a business trip. However, I do not have a residence permit linked with my American passport. I do have a multiple entry permit on my Taiwan passport.
My plan is:
- Exit Taiwan with my Taiwan (NWOHR) passport.
- Enter China at Shenzhen using my American passport.
- Conduct business for three days.
- Leave Shenzhen with a stopover in Hong Kong
- Fly back to Taipei and enter with my Taiwan passport.
Would this work? Would there be any chance that I could be denied the 144-hour permit?