Shimen to Kenting solo walk

4 Likes

Seriously, there ain’t much as beautiful as the full on paddies stretching out for kilometre after kilometre… (preferably as viewed from the AC-equipped side of the window of a vehicle with ample legroom).
One of my favourite things about Monkey Island.

Hey!! I saw that thing, like within the last year, but I be buggered if I can remember where it was.

I think I found the place they make them. I saw a Transformer here just like the one in tpe

Ha! The transformer… that was in Pintung county? can’t remember…

@mad_masala I’ve turned down about two dozen offers for lifts. I hope you’re happy.

1 Like

I figured out where the rhino is from the street signs thanks.

Rhino???

1 Like

Simultaneously observant and NOT

cha bu duo, la

How are you dealing with the heat?! I stepped out for some 7-11 goodies. 5 minutes. Happy to be back in the AC. Anyway good job on the walk and keep on truckin’.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJJyJ2pZqkY

Rhino???

Well, isn’t that how you spell triceratops?

1 Like

WTF?

Dude???

1 Like

Big hat. Long sleeves. Lots of water. Frequent rest. Mind over matter.
I could really use some clouds though

2 Likes

Sweet???

Fuck man, I don’t doubt it.
I was just downstairs enjoying a finely crafted domestic tobacco product, and she was well toasty.
Down where you are, friggin melting is a distinct possibility, watch it.

Hot down south isn’t like hot in TP, it can be way worse at comparable temperatures.
A few years ago, @Rocket spent a week scootering up and down the Yeast Coast between Hualien and Taitung.
Even in September, the sun was a bazillion times more intense than here in Big Stinky.
Fried me like a friggin 2 dollar minute steak, I’ll tell you what.

1 Like

Big animal thing. Quick glance I thought it was one of these pieces of art that are all around the world by a Taiwan artist.

You’re not kidding. Some are very similar