Shipping Luggage from Taiwan to UK

Hiya

I’ve been studying in Taiwan and finally have to think about moving back home. I’ve moved over/collected quite a bit of stuff during the time I’ve been over here and would like to ship it back to the UK.

I’ve tried Google, but can’t seem to find any companies in English and my Chinese isn’t really strong enough to to find a legit service.

Could anyone help me by recommending a shipping company that can do door to door of about 5 large boxes to the UK please?

Kind regards and thank you in advance
Mahou

It is very difficult to transport that kind of quantity and keep it cost effective. Problem is a 20 foot container is not worth it but using a “carrier” would be too much. I could have helped from UK to here. The best option is to find a friendly Taiwanese Exporter, shipping to UK,willing to put your items in their Container for a fee.
Thats why so many people moving home post their goods for sale on here, its just not worth sending it home I’m afraid.

Thank you for the reply!

I caught myself out as it was cheaper to ship what was left of my stuff over to here whilst I was studying then rent out storage, so I was a bit silly to assume the same going back!

I shipped a medium size box from Taiwan to Japan via sea. It was not too bad, but you have to bring the boxes to a post office, though.

yes Japan is quite close to the Uk . i give you the benefit of the doubt as i am very drunk…being Xmas eve you wanker !

I apologise for my drunken outburst…japan is only 6000 kms away from the OPs requested destination… :roflmao: i did not intend to imply your information was completely useless. Its Xmas…i expect to get at least one recommend for being drunk :popcorn:

It’s actually cheaper to air mail package to the US than to Japan, because it’s a more in demand route. Distance has no merit in their pricing. I can go onto the postal website to check out the rate if OP is interested. Just let me know. Happy Holidays!

Edit: Never mind, OP. Just checked, no surface shipping available going to UK. Hope you find a way to do it.

[quote=“mahousaru”]Hiya

I’ve been studying in Taiwan and finally have to think about moving back home. I’ve moved over/collected quite a bit of stuff during the time I’ve been over here and would like to ship it back to the UK.

I’ve tried Google, but can’t seem to find any companies in English and my Chinese isn’t really strong enough to to find a legit service.

Could anyone help me by recommending a shipping company that can do door to door of about 5 large boxes to the UK please?

Kind regards and thank you in advance
Mahou[/quote]

Crown, Asian Tigers, DHL to name a few.
Google: Forwarders + Taiwan + shipping