šŸ§³ Transportation | Shipping luggage to another city in Taiwan?

Iā€™m currently traveling around Taiwan after a couple of months in Southeast Asia. Iā€™d like to rent a bicycle for a few days and travel up the east coast, however I have too much baggage. So Iā€™d like to ship my big backpack probably from Taitung to Hualien, and then pick it up a few days later.

Iā€™ve heard thereā€™s a system here thatā€™s similar to the Japanese takkyuubin service, where you can go to a convenience store, fill out a form, and theyā€™ll ship it to another convenience store (or a home address) for you to get later. Does anyone know how it works in Taiwan? Would I be able to take it to e.g. 7-Eleven in Taitung, and then pick it up 3 or 4 days later at another one in Hualien? And if so, any idea around how much that would cost (15-20kg)?

Thanks for any advice

There are convenient shipping services in Taiwan to ship nearly anything around the country. I havenā€™t used them personally.

Bike rental agencies are quite familiar with this and might even arrange for you at the bike rental shop. Especially if youā€™re doing a one-way bike rental.

Hotel or hostel might be able to arrange something also.

I suggest these options because itā€™s could be quite familiar to them and they might even call a friend or company they already have a relationship with.

Can also take away the headache of trying to coordinate with someone at different locations in another language.

1 Like

Iā€™ve used that black cat shipping service (Japan also has it) scattered around Taiwan. Cheap and will move your stuff efficiently. I think I paid $300NTD for one suitcase if I remember correctly. Their website is not in English though
https://www.t-cat.com.tw/

Another even cheaper option and less hassle for a backpack is to mail it. Iā€™m not even kidding. I mailed a suitcase to myself once and it arrived the next day. You donā€™t even need to box it, literally they slap a mailing tag on it and away it goes.

Im pretty sure 711 has an arrangement with a shipping company but Iā€™ve never tried it.

1 Like

Black Cat (Takkyuubin) is basically 7-11. (President Chain Store Corp.)

1 Like

I didnā€™t know thatā€¦ I guess he can get black cat delivery right at seven.
I walked my suitcase over to the black cat distribution point, guess I could have saved time and went to seven.

I came here twenty plus years ago so Iā€™m not sure itā€™s valid. I shipped my stuff by train. That included a motor scooter, bicycle and other things. Of course, I didnā€™t make the actual arrangements. Local friends did. Is shipping by train still an option? Of course, you have to pick it up at a train station.

I looked over the translated version of the Black Cat site, and can figure out everything except where I can ship from/to.

I think this is the page to look up locations but Iā€™m not sure why kind of search term theyā€™re looking for as nothing I try works.
https://www.t-cat.com.tw/Inquire/SubStore.aspx

I have too large bags of luggage and want to go from Taoyuan to Kaohsiung, so this seemed like a good option.

This is the same service I can get using the ibon machine?

https://www.t-cat.com.tw/consign/sheet/sheetAdd.aspx

Try this?

Thanks.

Hmm, so on that page when I choose luggage, it only lets me choose to send by appointment or at a blackcat office, not at 7-11. It also then wonā€™t let me select either of the two delivery/pickup methods. I submit the form and tells me ā€œē›®å‰ē„”ę³•é ē“„äøƒę—„內之集č²Øā€ (It is not possible to make a reservation for the collection within 7 days), even though it never had me choose a date. So Iā€™m still lost haha

The confusing part is they have luggage separated as an option from their normal shipping service (TA-Q-BIN), as they do on their main shipping info page (é»‘č²“å®…ę€„ä¾æ) but then clicking on it takes you to the regular TA-Q-BIN info page. If I choose TA-Q-BIN on that form, it lets me choose to ship from 7-11 and have it delivered to a home address (no 7-11 pickup).

Maybe I should just got to a 7-11 and ask them if theyā€™ll do luggage.

Doesnā€™t the train still offer shipping?
I made a suggestion to use the train in an earlier comment but there was no response. Someone should check it out. It may be a good way to save money.

I ended up shipping a bag via Black Cat, and was able to drop it off at 7-11 (but you have to pick it up at the BC office). I think it was like 90nt or something, not bad. 1-2 days.

On the way back tho I decided just to take all three of my bags on the HSR. It wasnā€™t really that hard to get through the stations and stuff with three. Plenty of luggage space on the train as well.

If I use luggage shipping service - for example Pelican of that train station shipping - is it bad idea to leave my laptop in the luggage? I want to cycle along the eastern coast and I plan to ship my backpack, so basically no way of ā€œlockingā€ it from curious hands.

Tip: put a lock on your luggage, but put the cable through the handle and then through the zipper things. They can still open the zipper with a pen but then they have no way of closing it back up to hide their theft