Shipping whiskey & snacks (traditional ones)

Hi There,
I want to ship some Taiwanese snacks ( shrimps, squid, little fishes with nuts etc…) & a bottle of Whiskey ( Taiwanese brand) to France, BUT it just seems impossible.

Post office = NO - they can’t - can be fined 40K to 100K - :thinking:
TNT = NO ( alcohol and cigarettes = NO) - :cry:
SF = Yes BUT need alcohol license to export - :scream:
DHL= Yes but only to airport in France ( which means from the other side need to pick up at airport, pay taxes etc…) = cost 8132 $NTD - :exploding_head:
UPS = NO - :sneezing_face:

I just want to send a box of goodies for my dad.
Anyone has an idea of how to ship.

Ps: by sea is fine, but come on… :sob:

Don’t tell them my dude.

If they give you any guff just start throwing banana peels all over the place. When the news comes to interview you about your chimpout, you’ll have a platform to lecture the country on whatever you like.

1 Like

taking a risk to be fined 40K up to 100K for a couple of $NTD spent.
Nah
thanks for the suggestion

You won’t be paying anything my friend.

Thanks for the insight but i really would like to see if there is any other option except by sea

Have you tried getting your Taiwanese friends/partner to ship it from the post office for you?

Sometimes that helps. When foreigners get involved everything gets WAYY to complicated.

actually my wife was with me when i went to the post office

If she goes alone to a different one you might get a different answer.

It’s worth a try. Shipping by sea is LAAMEE.

cheers, we will re try tomorrow-

I dobt they will ask her anything. EZPZ

Good luck.

My wife just sent her parents a bunch of deer booze and Chinese medicine shit to Canada, along with some smoked salmon and it was all good.

I seriously doubt I could of pulled that off as a foreigner. Without telling a fib.

IIRC, for import, you only need an alcohol license if it’s more than 4 or 5 litres, but a single bottle is fine. I would assume it’s similar for export.

Did what you have suggested…
My dad received all the goodies and the whiskey.
Cheers m8

Glad your Pops got the goods.
but I clicked on this thinking it was

Sipping whiskey & snacks (traditional ones)

1 Like