Shipping

could somebody suggest a shipping company (in Taipei or Kaohsiung)?
thank you
r

you looking for an actual shipping company or a forwarder?

somebody would send me goods to Korea and I need to transport them to a Taiwanese harbor and then to Taipei. I want this company to arrange it for me and pay custom duties. So I guess it is a shipping company (I looked it up in the dictionary and those 2 terms seem to mean the same) But I think what I am looking for is rather a shipping company.
regards
richard

This freight forwarder was recommended to me through my business contacts. I don’t know anything about their rates etc.

Details:
Leo Hsiao, Sales Manager
Transworld Transportation Co Ltd (Intl Freight Forwarder)
10F-3 No. 130, Sec 2 Chung Shiao East Road, Taipei
Tel (02)2356-7282, Ext 100
Cellphone: 0910-018-327

Leo speaks good English and seems like a decent guy, but I have not used their services so can’t offer any comment on that. Leo told me they have done a lot of work for staff at TAS, and are happy to help small businesses.

sounds promising, thank you !!!
r

You could also check with NAC International Group. It’s owned and operated by a foreigner (a Brit I believe). Neill Mutimer. (02) 2542-7720. If he can’t help he’d be able to steer you in the right direction, a great guy.
:wink:

[quote=“richi”]somebody would send me goods to Korea and I need to transport them to a Taiwanese harbor and then to Taipei. I want this company to arrange it for me and pay custom duties. So I guess it is a shipping company (I looked it up in the dictionary and those 2 terms seem to mean the same) But I think what I am looking for is rather a shipping company.
regards
richard[/quote]

Richi

You need a freight forwarder for this, a shipping line will not handle this type of arrangement.

We would be happy to help you, please call on 02 2542 7720 and ask for Neill. We can then discuss what is actually required, rates etc.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Proto many thanks for the nice intro :slight_smile:

thanks a lot! i definitely will as soon as i have precise data/schedule.
bows and regards
richard