Shkreli sentenced to seven years in jail

Well, he was not a nice chap. Karma .

2 Likes

Good riddance. Let’s see if he still considers himself an “alpha” when he meets Bubba in the shower-block.

1 Like

I thought he was pretty entertaining. 7 years seems harsh when child molesters and rapist get less.

Not harsh in the US though.

Probably get out in 1-2 years max. Maybe even 6 months.

Oh my god… these juror selection transcripts are gold though.

====================================

Juror 1

Judge: 'The purpose of jury selection is to ensure fairness and impartiality in this case. If you think that you could not be fair and impartial, it is your duty to tell me. All right. Juror No 1

Juror : ‘I am aware of the defendant and I hate him.’

Shkreli’s lawyer: ‘I’m sorry?’

Juror: 'I think he’s a greedy little man.

Judge: ‘Jurors are obligated to decide the case based only on the evidence. Do you agree?’

Juror: ‘I don’t know if I could (be impartial). I wouldn’t want me on this jury.’

Juror 47

Juror: 'He’s the most hated man in America. In my opinion, he equates with Bernie Madoff with the drugs for pregnant women going from $15 to $750. My parents are in their 80s.

‘They’re struggling to pay for their medication. My mother was telling me yesterday how my father’s cancer drug is $9,000 a month.’

Judge: ‘The case is going to come before you on evidence that you must consider fairly and with an open mind.’

Juror: ‘I would find that difficult.’

Juror 52

Juror: ‘When I walked in here today, I looked at him, and in my head, that’s a snake – not knowing who he was. I just walked in and looked right at him and that’s a snake.’

Juror 144

Juror: 'I heard through the news of how the defendant changed the price of a pill by up-selling it. I heard he bought an album from the Wu-Tang Clan for a million dollars.

Judge: ‘The question is, have you heard anything that would affect your ability to decide this case with an open mind? Can you do that?’

Juror: 'I don’t think I can because he kind of looks like a dick.’

Juror 59

Juror: 'Your Honor, totally he is guilty and in no way can I let him slide out of anything because…

Judge: 'OK. Is that your attitude toward anyone charged with a crime who has not been proven guilty?”

Juror: ‘It’s my attitude toward his entire demeanor, what he has done to people.’

Judge: ‘All right. We are going to excuse you, sir.’

Juror: ‘And he disrespected the Wu-Tang Clan.’

=====================================

7 Likes

Shkreli isn’t one? I certainly wouldn’t leave him alone with my kid, whether he was pissing about with those clovergender tweets or not.

so whats going to happen to the wu tang album then?

I think it should be returned to him , after scratching it . :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Moral of the story: Wu Tang ain’t nuthin’ ta fuck with!

Guy was a real dick, a smart dick but a real one nonetheless. I hope we never hear from or about him again.