Shoe Musings by Buttercup and tash

Are you empowered now, I mean, fully enabled by this disclosure?

I miss Tash. :cry: :cry:

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]I’m wearing pointy shoes. :discodance:

Just thought I’d announce that, since I always thought they were so funny looking on all the ladies, but now I’ve caved in. I bought them because they’re a great brand, they look classy and were cheap. Bought them over CNY in a factory outlet store in Napa Valley. US$150 Johnston & Murphy slip-ons that I picked up for $59.

I must confess, I did trip over the toes a little at first, but I’m getting used to them. In any event, they’re reaaaaally comfortable (soft and cushiony) and look great, so what they hey.[/quote]
:blush: Oh dear, oh dear! :blush: I implore you, MT! Delete your post lest Lord Lucan sees it and chokes on his gentleman’s relish!
Slip-ons! SLIP-ONS! You’re wearing SLIP-ONS! Soft and cushiony yet! Dear LORD! Have you NO SHAME?

I confess, I’ve lived here too long. Except when I have a serious meeting, slip-ons are my preferred shoes, as they are easy to slip on and off upon leaving/arriving at my house or other houses and easy to slip off when seated at my desk. I also have a wooden foot massage roller under the desk. :smiley:

But at least I don’t walk around the office in fuzzy slippers or sandals.

In any event, $150 Johnston & Murphys for $59! You can’t beat that. :slight_smile:

[quote=“maunaloa”]
I miss Tash. :cry: :cry:[/quote]

Ahhh, me too, m.

MT, FOR SHAME! I just don’t know where to start with that post.

So, Mother Theresa is a lady who likes comfortable shoes, eh?

Yea, I suppose it is a bit ghei. Maybe I should’ve just posted a photo.

Is that better?

So he’s got a belt, a computer, a wallet … and only one shoe? Is this some kind of store for amputees? That pic gives me an image of the model hopping around on one leg while desperately grabbing his waistband to stop his trousies falling down.
HARDLY the image of sartorial splendor they were aiming for, I don’t imagine.

Teehee. Those shoes just scream ‘Can I tell him my Starbucks order, or should I write it on a Post-It?’

and also “Doing lunch”.

Off topic but that phrase always gives me the image of some social deviant getting it on with a lasagne.

Damn, Sandy! Those are the sexiest men’s shoes I’ve ever seen! :howyoudoin:

But aren’t they? I thing it’s the ‘last in Milan’ talk that helps.

Huh? It’s George Bush’s fault, isn’t it? Sandman’s funny-looking, italian shoes cause swooning and my dashing, american shoes make me a starbuck’s joke. If it makes any difference, David Duchovny wears Johnston & Murphy too (at least for the ads).

Not that he’s a hottie or anything, but apparently J&M don’t feature lots of hotties in their ads (because the shoes speak for themselves, obviously).

EDIT: btw, did you know J&M has provided shoes to every US president since 1850?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnston_and_Murphy
Bet you can’t say that about your funny italian shoes.

There’s a pic on the Intarweb somewhere of me new ones, which are even nicer. Brown 'gator and python spectators bespoke handmade on Samui. Not quite the same cachet as handlasted in Milano, but at NT$5,000, they were also a third of the price.

MT, did you know that Duchovny’s dad officially dropped the “h” in his name when he was in the army to avoid merciless ribbing from his sergeants? :laughing:

Brit men who don’t have slightly suspect ‘continental’ tendencies like sandman wear Church’s.

I have Church’s Oxfords and a pair of their brogues. Ironclad, bulletproof. Proof positive that style outlives fashion ANY day of the week.

And MT, its best if you keep quiet from now on. Really. Selling shoes to Carter, Bush, Clinton and that lot is possibly about as FAR from style or fashion that its possible to get, short of wrapping your feet in stained hessian. Plus, they might provide the shoes, but that don’t mean they get worn. :wink:

My grandad used to polish his ancient pair and me my Start Rites together, every morning.

My Oxfords are probably the same age as your grandad’s, then – they were part of my dad’s demob outfit. And they STILL look good as new.

I think it was that forces thing about the shoe polishing. My mother wouldn’t even have noticed if I was wearing any, whereas my grandfather was big on ‘kit inspections’. He was an RAF engineery type. He was just a little bit young for the war.

My dad was an RAF flight lieutenant, also a bit too young for the war.

I miss him. He was good to me. I wish we’d known eachother as adults. He was a great guy. Not sure exactly what he did in teh army - my gran is a bit hazy about it.

I think I will polish my shoes, on the back doorstep, when I go home!