Shoji paper

Bit of a long shot, but has anybody seen shoji paper for sale anywhere in Taipei?

Just had yet another “Taiwan seller” on Ruten turn out to be shipping from China. Getting sick of it. Time to go to a physical shop …

Yea 90% of Ruten sellers are like this. I don’t know why Ruten don’t do anything to stop it. What’s worse is they charge a 3x markup too, without any benefit for it. Maybe it works well for those who somehow have trouble with EZ Way but I don’t see how they are able to stay in business since it’s not like Taiwanese don’t read Chinese…

One way I found works is to filter out all the sellers that don’t accept face to face trades, I got this from another forumosa thread I started about this subject. Another thing is, if someone has 300,000 items that are ALL unrelated and uncategorized, it’s a “drop shipper”. They’re actually really bad because all the marketing materials they put up are all written in simplified chinese, that’s a big giveaway.

It’s absolutely bloody ridiculous. I’ve ordered from them enough times to realise that the majority are in China. Dunno about 90%, but definitely well over 70%. And as you say they’re all adding stupid markups.

I suppose Ruten don’t stop it cos they know their website would be completely gutted if they made them tell the truth.

1 Like

Shopee is better for honest sellers.

2 Likes

even the one saying made in Taiwan?

Shopee is better but still bad for this also, lot of liars who make excuses for delays when the stuff ships from China .

It turns out that shopee is also heavily owned by Chinese investors.

1 Like

I just in process of a Shopee seller supposedly based Taoyuan refusing a cancellation.
I made the order and then get EazyWay import acceptance China.
I send them screenshot showing their shipping from address , no reply.
COD so I just won’t collect.

One of the reasons I order mostly from Ruten is that almost everyone does COD (less so on Shopee). I’m just completely sick of it now, though. Tired of the big song and dance every time I order something.

Have you considered making your own? Plenty of surplus masks available these days. The inner film might be a good substitute.

Good plan, but I’m afraid of getting cancer from whatever toxic shit those things are made of.