🔫 Shooting - Target, clay pigeon and practical shooting in Taiwan

One of my hobbies is related to shooting: target shooting with pistols/rifles, clay pigeon shooting with shotguns and practical shooting (variety of weapons). With live ammunition.

Is this possible to do this in Taiwan as a foreigner? Or do I need to get a firearms license first? Naturally I am happy to use the range’s guns and leave them at the range once I finish.

1 Like

Have you graduated yet from the BB shooting games at local night markets?
What’s the biggest prize you’ve won?

Flying target shooting experience

358 Paintball Center exclusively cooperates with the only national standard live ammunition shooting range in northern Taiwan to launch the flying target sports experience.

2 Likes

Where are you located?

I didn’t try it myself yet, but as far as I understand at least archery and air gun target shooting is practiced in Taiwan. I think also clay pigeon shooting was mentioned on Forumosa once.

Following this topic to see if any concrete suggestions come up. I used to do competitive pistol shooting (both air pistol and .22 to .357) back home, but don’t expect to be able to do most of this in Taiwan.

1 Like

Thanks a lot @Belgian_Pie!

Hmmm… how pro are these guys? At least some safety issues shown on the website.

Trigger warning:

2 Likes

Great, that’s a start :grin:

I guess a short trip to Philippines would be an option to keep the skills alive.

Yikes, I have seen so much of that everywhere. Gives shooting a bad name. Bet they were sweeping the guns around too. Judging from the trigger discipline I would guess they are tourists or doing a corporate team building day.

1 Like

They’re models who clearly don’t know about triggers. I’m sure those wepons have been checked four times for live ammo. The photographer wants them to look hot and mean. Wouldn’t work so well if their shotguns were held in the correct positions. :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah but even then how many negligent discharges begin with the assumption that the gun is unloaded. Also anyone else on the range without X-ray vision and not in on the fact that the guns were checked 4x for being unloaded would be getting alarmed when the models start sweeping their guns around with lousy trigger discipline.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t bet on that, they can trigger a lot.

1 Like

That picture makes me cringe. If someone takes a shot there, please report your experiences here. If it’s any good I’d be interested in visiting there.

40875916_1968606139867170_2977973195962843136_n

3 Likes

Yeah, never give up what you learned in the army / shooting club / FPS. Apply it everywhere in real life, even if not strictly necessary!

Have you lived in taiwan for a while? I wouldnt count on discipline diligence very much in the real world :slight_smile: i will now avoid that range just because of that pic lol. Dont want to become that news headline…

1 Like

LOL, I’m equally sure they weren’t checked four times, one quick look over if they were lucky, 差不多.

3 Likes

I’ve often wondered what would happen if someone shot at the various training / circling flocks of pigeons out of a random apartment window.

Our local pigeon racing flock has disappeared. Maybe that’s why. My cats miss the twice- or thrice-a-day show.

1 Like

Lost his money betting.

1 Like

The coop was taken down as well. I was wondering if he’d moved or passed away.

Keeping pigeons for ‘sports’ is high maintenance. In the home country some people build like half villas to keep them in good health.

Happens often, but generally rat poison is far more effecive for those dumb enough to dare kill gambling pigeons.

Taiwan does as well, island wide. The villas are just in relation to how people live. Here they are often either metel or older wood framed homes. Even downtown cities have them to this day. Its good money. Taiwan has always been one of the few countries that gets to ignore bird flue concerns lol.

Haha no I’m applying for a Gold Card and very much looking forward to coming to Taiwan. It would be my first time there.

But wait, what do you mean? :thinking: :grimacing: The Taiwanese I’ve met, spoken to and read/heard about have been 100% diligent.

1 Like