Shopping for a new bike

my crappy bike just got stolen tonight…sad times. it lasted me 4 years, only had to take it to get tuned up once and that only cost 200ntd. even though it was crappy it still looked pretty cool after 4 yrs and not being cleaned once. you will be missed !

now where can i get a new second hand crappy bike?

Take a bus to Yilan. The cost of the ticket is the cost of your bike (obike).
Then ride it back and post pics for us.
Good luck.

1 Like

I got one for 500ntd off facebook marketplace. One of the tires bust and it cost me more to get a new one. Actually I left it unlocked in Hsinchu a month and a half ago. It will be interesting to see if it’s still there when I go back

is that the name of the facebook group?

Yeah the group is called Facebook Marketplace check it out

1 Like

There are a few groups of mostly foreigners selling to others, but those and the ones from other groups can be found in the marketplace. It’s worth checking out the groups because some people don’t do the listing properly and it won’t appear in the market place. You can message the sellers and most can speak enough English to sell a bike. I tried to do this recently and found a lot of the listings had been sold days before and the sellers left the listings up. If you want something cheap and don’t live too far away, the “Enjoy Bicycle 191” north of NTU is where I got my Giant for 3K, and they have their own brand for 1.8k. That’s as cheap as a lot of the 2nd hand bikes on the marketplace.

1 Like