Shopping Mall with Identity Crisis

Far Eastern Mall, 遠企中心辦公大樓, on Dunhua South connected to Shangri-la Hotel.

The name on the signs is “The Mall”. That worked before Taipei had a few malls, but it doesn’t work now.

The name on the building is “Taipei Metro” which also worked before Taipei had a metro, but it doesn’t work now. It’s not connected to or beside a Metro which is at least a five minute walk away.

They really need to update the whole identity.

Why do I care? Because I’m in the area allot and wish they would update identity and get more modern shops and stores and restaurants

Give 1999 a call, they’ll take care of it.

1 Like

Didn’t even know about this mall…

Those who didn’t know about this mall probably cant afford to shop there anyways …(like me)

Their top-floor dinner buffet is actually pretty good, and not terribly expensive.

“Taipei Metro The Mall” is its name. Yes, it’s not very good.

I remember when it opened. It was the first mall in the city that I’m aware of, so its opening was a big event. It was heavily advertised on TV. I remember going there and being underwhelmed.

1 Like

You can add Core Pacific City, aka the Living Mall, aka Jinghua Cheng to the list of confused shopping mall nomenclature.

Anyway, I just call it the Death Star and everyone knows exactly what mall I’m talking about.

2 Likes

These guys can be “The Mall” in the same way that The Band could be “The Band.”

For those who care about such things, there’s a very good and well-stocked MUJI in the lower level.

And for those who have heaps of cash kicking around, check out the floors above.

Guy