Should China Airlines change its name?

You mean after attacking India, invading SEA and chasing Hong Kong activists? Now they are busy making countries sign exclusive right to access a vaccine they will make.

1 Like

What do you mean by that? Haven’t been following the vaccine news much recently but couldn’t find anything on Google either.

In what sense is China (or a Chinese company?) requiring exclusivity for a vaccine? Do you just mean that it’ll be patented/proprietary? (I imagine that’ll also apply to vaccines made by any other pharma companies)

1 Like

I am willing to bet that they would change it to Chunghwa Airlines and keep the Chinese name.

There already is a Formosa Airlines, and Taiwan Airlines just sounds really basic.

2 Likes

Chunghwa is fine tbh

1 Like

I’m voting for “Tai Airways”, in an effort to attract some confused post-coronavirus tourists and boost the economy.

10 Likes

Too sensitive

It’s ok, I’m a waiguoren - my vote is irrelevant anyway. :wink:

1 Like

Not sure about Japan, Japan-China ties in business seem much better than a few years ago. China Airlines before had many limitations in Japan before (they could not fly to Narita which at the time was big international airport, it’s ironic now HND airport is the prefered airport which China Airlines was forced to fly to) so CI (China Airlines) still needs worry about Japan and access there.

1 Like

Just merge it with Air China and Cathay.

1 Like

Great plan. Then Beijing can ask all cabin crew and pilots to sign some forms saying Taiwan has been part of China for 5000 years, or whatever nonsense they claim is the truth, and fire or detain all workers deemed to be in noncompliance.

No thanks!!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Guy

3 Likes

How about “I can’t believe it’s not China” Airlines

10 Likes

Betelnut Air.

7 Likes

Formosair!
Taiwanair!
Skywan!

4 Likes

only if the stewardess look and are dressed like betelnut girls :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’ll get us on the news!

2 Likes

Ok China will be OK with this one :slight_smile:

TAIPEI AIRLINES

1 Like

Definitely Not Thai Airways?

1 Like

Ok since Taiwan is so often confused with Thailand, how about Thailand exile its King to Switzerland permanently and annex the country and for a joint Taiwan-Thailand country called TAILAND.

And take over Thai Airways.

2 Likes

Or since Chiang Kai Shek was involved with China Airlines we can rename it to PEANUT AIR ?

OR since its main base is Taipei Taoyuan airport why not name it TPE Airways