Should free advertising be allowed here?

We’re happy to be a venue for promotion of local businesses and services that might reasonably be of interest to the community here.

2 Likes

Fair nuff. Gotta know when you are beaten.

With that said then, I would hereby like to announce the opening of my new widget business. You can conta…

that was an attempt at a joke… nevermind :slight_smile:

1 Like

Like spambots won’t find a way around this.

Most of the blatantly-commercial posts I’ve seen are of obvious interest to the foreign community. As long as people are sensible about it and don’t flood the site with daily commercial messages, I don’t really see a problem with it.

1 Like

Couldnt that thread be moved to forumosafieds with the shop name, in stead of locked in travel category?

1 Like

Recommendation also implies it is a customer doing the writing, which is a little misleading.

1 Like

Perhaps, but we want to discourage people from making misleading recommendations. Many people have posted up-front statements about their local business, which is fine.

3 Likes

First time poster… not inclined to do him/her any favors. If you try this anywhere else, like on Reddit, FB groups etc. you’ll be banned, deleted most of the time. That’s just how it is.

2 Likes

The poster can post in Forumosafied if he/she wants to. No one is keeping him/her from doing so.

2 Likes

Or GTA restaurants as well.