Should government leave religions alone?

Yes. And systemic pollution cover up also.

Same thing with the prosperity gospel sect, the polygamy Mormon teachings, or child molestation within Tibetan Buddhism, and the popular seafood religion in Taiwan right now wearing purple shirt, and the militant Buddhists persecuting Rohingya.

How do u pin it on the teachings of Christ or Buddha? How do u pin it to Catholicism or Buddhism?

Oh we can pin it, we can pin it good. The entire Church set up a system that went right up to the Vatican to protect these priests from police and to ensure that they had a lifelong supply of children to rape. Every priest in the Church knew what was going on.

What kind of fucking church encourages child rape by it’s ordained ministers?

I think you mean

Dunno. You tell us. Which church does encourage rape?

PS: it’s its. https://tw.forumosa.com/t/a-complaint-about-english-and-cow-and-bear-native-speaker-forumosans-that-continuously-confuse-the-shit-out-of-ayapaneco-native-speakers-like-me-and-discobot/171409/18

In Catholics perspective, Catholicism is Christianity.

false

false

none

and I get your rage.
As a Catholic, I’m even more outraged and heartbroken than you.
But I’m also not gonna go full commie mode on everything/everyone has to do with the Roman Catholic Church.

How high did it go then? You tell me. Cardinal George Pell, No. 4 in the Vatican, is now back in Aussie awaiting trail on, you guessed it, child abuse charges. The reason George Pell was working in the Vatican? To keep him out of the clutches of the Aussie police.

How high? How wide? How deep?

zzZZzzzzzz

Dammit man I’m trying to save western civilization here and you want me to use correct grammar? :runaway::runaway::runaway:

Which means exactly nothing to the discussion.
You’ve listed 4 things, but…

The teachings of Buddha equate with Buddhism.
The teachings of Christ equate with Christianity.

Catholicism is, like it or not, a human construct.
And, again, like it or not, the organization’s awareness of the predatory episodes and its sustained and pervasive refusal to address them, and even worse, disavow the claims of the victims and keep the whole deal a secret, are an irrefutable matter of record.

Predatory paedophiles will actively target organisations that provide them access to children (preferably vulnerable children), give them positions of power over children, and ideally turn a blind eye to their actions.

It’s therefore only logical for external government agencies to keep a close eye on such organisations. This includes social work, education, but most of all religion because religions provide all three of the above.

I don’t think it would be illogical or, even, particularly unfair for a parent to assume a man of the cloth could be a nonce. I certainly wouldn’t leave my child alone with one of them.

1 Like

Key question right there. Are the priests entering the priesthood because it gives them access to the kids or is the vow of celibacy forcing them to pursue sexual gratification in perverse ways?

I have no answer to that. Maybe both.

1 Like

Punctuation, technically.

The former is most likely. I don’t think that sexual frustration is a probable cause of sexual deviancy.

My point is it’s a numbers game. Yes, of course atheists can also be paedophiles - but you are far more likely to find paedophiles in somewhere like organized religion. They may also be atheists. It’s the access that matters, not the belief, which makes it strange to me that religious people often get so defensive when anyone suggests the possibility of their religious leaders being paedophiles.

Well maybe, but the point of the Spotlight investigation was that if you put males in a situation where they can’t have normal relations with females a certain percentage will seek other means, so to speak. Yes it’s a numbers game but it’s a numbers game in that 6% of males will pursue perverted avenues. So if you have 100 priests in a diocese you have 6 priests up to no good. But note these priests aren’t “nonces”, they aren’t even dyed in the cloth paedophiles, they’re just males who want a sexual outlet and will find an outlet come what may. That’s the theory anyway.

The whole things a joke anyway, it’s widely believed that as many as 50% of all priests fail to observe celibacy vows.

O_o

Sexual deviancy as in paraphilic disorders. Not wanking into watermelons.

And you don’t think that the lack of “normal”, healthy sex makes people take on other stuff that are more within reach.

Some people. Improved screening of trainee priests in seminaries would have better results than getting rid of the celibacy vows - even if they are generally not followed anyway. Removing celibacy would help a little, I’m sure, but it wouldn’t be as helpful.

1 Like

And you think that pedophiles plan their careers around how to satisfy their sexual appetite. Sincerely, I think that doesn’t make sense. The way I see it, sexuality try to break in in whatever way is possible or available. In different cultures sex with much younger people was acceptable, while in our culture we see it as something bad. When people with a more normal or even high sexual appetite can’t have sex, not openly, will try to get satisfaction in other less normal, sneakier ways that are sometimes not as socially acceptable as the sex that non celibate people enjoy. And probably these mofos see children close to them, and easier to access to them than let’s say a normal 40 yo woman.

Yes, I totally believe that predatory paedophiles often plan their careers around how to satisfy their sexual appetite. Some of them even plan their families accordingly.

As for the sexual frustration leading to deviancy argument; when given the choice between abusing a child to satisfy it or, say, discreetly visiting the local brothel why would anyone choose the former? It’s not like priests are in prison with no other choice than buggery.