Should he get a visitor visa or just a JFRV?!

Hi i am indian citizen got married to a Taiwanese citizen. But my country Taiwanese consulate is giving me a Taiwanese tourists visa. My question is can i convert that visa in work permit after coming to Taiwan please help me out
Thanks my email address is
Thanks

This forum has ample information on how to apply for an Alien Residence Permit as the spouse of a ROC citizen. You can try with a simple search first.

Check here.

https://www.immigration.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=1090287&ctNode=30085&mp=2

1 Like

No, you cannot convert the visa to a work permit.

Is the visa a visitor visa for the purpose of touring or visiting for 60days or more and without any special stamp? If so, you can apply for residency as a spouse of a Taiwanese citizen after you enter in Taiwan. The ARC gives you a work right without a work permit.

1 Like

Thanks sir , actually my visa is valid for six months, Taiwanese immigration officer of my country in india said that he is going to give me a visitor visa Which I can extend up to two times . But that visa allows me to work legally in Taiwan ?
Do you have any idea sir, please help me out
I don’t know what next step i have to take ( i have already have a own son in Taiwan, i really miss him :slightly_frowning_face::slightly_frowning_face:
thanks

No. The visa is just to enter in Taiwan, in your case. After the entry, you should get an ARC based on your marriage to a Taiwanese citizen (I’m assuming your spouse is a Taiwanese). Check the page I linked in a previous post, and prepare required documents to apply as a spouse. Some documents need to be authenticated by TECO in your country, so is better to do before you leave your country.

1 Like

Thanks,
My wife (Taiwanese )came to india and got married with me, and we have a interview with Taiwanese consulate in india and i have submitted 1 single status certificate 2 marraige registration
3 police clearance
4 Chinese name declaration
5 Health examination all documents are already authorized by Taiwanese embassy in my country. My question is why he issuing me visitor visa can i convert that visa that is my question, and besides i can work legally on that visa
Hope you got my point
Thanks

You need an ARC to work legally in taiwan. It is issued by National Immigration Agency in Taiwan. TECO cannot issue it.

They can issue a resident visa which can be converted to an ARC in taiwan, but for that you need a household registration issued in Taiwan (this might not be true. Please check by yourself if you need to know). I guess you don’t have it yet. And, there are little differences between the application procedures for an ARC from a visitor visa and from a resident visa.

In anyways, you should apply for an ARC after you enter in Taiwan.

1 Like

Strictly speaking, the visa is not converted. You obtain an ARC and use that as your re-entry permit, so you don’t need to think about the visa after that.

But yes, if you have an ARC based on marriage to an ROC national with household registration, you are allowed to work without a work permit. Don’t start working before you get your marriage-based ARC, and remember that if you get divorced before you become a permanent resident (usually five years), you will need a work permit.