Should I bring my Dog to Taiwan?

I have a full Chinese Shar-Pei and was wondering if I should bring her in Febuary/March. I plan on staying until August 2007 or December 2007. She has never lived in an apartment. She has always had room to run and play. She lived with my father and I at this time. Here she has a big backyard she can play and there is a fenced dog park down the street where I can take her to play with other dogs off the leash… Is there anything like that in Taiwan… What about the vet care… It would be hard to leave her here… but I know she will be very happy here… my father treats her very very well… If his door is open she is on his bed adn not with me…lol

To answer briefly, from the details you’ve given us, I would say leave the dog at home; she’ll definitely be happier there.

Perhaps later (after sleeping) I’ll explain why, but I’m sure others will fill you in.

Cheers!

Sean

Given the relatively short duration of your stay, I would leave the dog at home. If you bring your pet here, unless you move way, way up in the hills, it will be: living in an apartment, with no exercise yard (what’s a yard?), and not much of a park down the street. Lots of disease and sickness for dog’s here, especially for an outsider pooch. Vets are kinda strange, unless you can find one that you can trust (few and far between).

For your dog’s happiness, and yours as well, I would suggest you leave her there.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I’m being honest. I’m sure there are folks who could be way more honest…

You could always foster a dog while you are here if that would help you still feel that doggie love…

I really do not mind leaving her here… she is very happy … I guess I will need to find something else to keep me company…lol

Taiwan has plenty of dogs roaming the countryside. You can get one here for free.

I think that I will just not get a dog… If I get a dog in Taiwan… then I will not want to leave it in Taiwan… and it would be hard to have two in the house… here. … in Houston…

You can foster for us - it’s still a little sad when the little fella goes to a new home, but the experience is still extremely beneficial to both you and the animal.

We have cats and dogs, kittens and pups all needing a foster home.

Think about it. :wink:

[quote=“Stray Dog”]You can foster for us - it’s still a little sad when the little fella goes to a new home, but the experience is still extremely beneficial to both you and the animal.

We have cats and dogs, kittens and pups all needing a foster home.

Think about it. :wink:[/quote]

It’ll help keep you out of trouble while you are here. Since owning a dog I’ve cut back from crack to just coke.