Should I Go to Chicken Tonight?

‘Chicken Tonight’ sounds as a good name for a … chicken restaurant … thanks MM :laughing:

Mmmm … I feel like Chicken Tonight.

That’s right. I thought it was familiar. Ersatz food in a jar.

HG

That was around midnight before last midnight… Missing in action?

[quote=“urodacus”]
Mmmm … I feel like Chicken Tonight.[/quote]

I see your Chicken Tonight and raise you with some Dickhead Tonight

[quote]I feel like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight…
[/quote]

That Chicken Tonight stuff was what I thought this thread would be about.

MM, how could you NOT want to go to a place called Chicken? And is it really, really true that it’s only Chicken because no one could spell Ptarmigan? No dictionaries on hand, either?

Is there a big chicken, or at least Chicken sign, on the outskirts of town? Can you take some photos of yourself choaking or spanking the sign? Hehe.

The way I spell, could you imagine what the hell I’d have to name everything? hahah! I crack me up.

Has MM fallen prey to false advertising (like, the free wifi in Chicken turned out to be fiction)? Or did he meet a bear that liked him?
Just wondering about this long silence…

It’s “official” (which is probably as close to “true” as you might find): myalaskan.com/alaska-towns/chicken.html

And about chicken in Chicken: does sheet metal or plywood count? alaskacruiseblog.com/photos/tok-chicken-eagle/

Sorry guys, no internet in Chicken (they have it but it frequently goes down) and none again last night. I’ve been camping for the past 4 weeks so I don’t always have internet, though it is amazing the number of campsites that do have it now.

Chicken was even better than I remember it from 16 years ago (and I was none too sober on that pass through). The pics say it all (and damn that I didn’t read housecats post earlier):

It’s late so I am just going to link to the set.

flickr.com/photos/53879542@N … 011954568/

Mmm, I feel like Ptarmigan Tonight!

stuffed with lark’s tongues and hazel nuts.

with a delicate champagne reduction.

Boy. After looking at those wonderful photos, I’m so greatful for travel wrighters! Thank you, Mucha Man, for going to Chicken, AK, so I don’t have to!

Auto correct changes the spelling of your name, M u c h a M a n. Sorry about that.

Chicken Dinner Road has a long and colorful history in Canyon County. It goes back to the 1930s when Idaho Gov. C. Ben Ross was lobbied to have the road fixed by a farmer’s wife with one of her fried chicken dinners.

Local winemaker Gregg Alger uses the name ‘Chicken Dinner’ on many of his products including wine bottles. It is on those labels that people can read the story behind road’s name.

Can also visit this Chicken locale in the U.S.
PETA said it opposes “speciesism”.
Another made-up word.

The mayor should send this photo to PETA and tell them that’s what the street name means :roll_eyes:

fermented-chicken-feed

2 Likes

It’s a clearly defined and useful word, and whatever you think about PETA, they are definitely against it and would need to describe it somehow.

1 Like

well this is the uselessness of some of PETA’s efforts to protect animals. I’ll give them points elsewhere when they do in fact do the proper thing

1 Like