Should I pay more taxes for the last 5 years to get an APRC?

I promise to pay all of my taxes when my neighbors do.

Say STV, do you report any income that you earn in China? The reason I ask is Taiwan has very broad definitions of locally sourced income and if anything you earn in China is related to locally owned an operated assets you could be liable.

I did not want to engage in any tax avoidance scheme.

I wrote that taxes here in Taiwan are reasonable.

I wrote that I kept trying to be 100% fully legit, but my boss kept telling me that I didn’t need to.

We have always been low on students, and at that time that I got my job, I was sweating bullets trying to get one, as were a few of my friends. It’s not the 80s anymore where any whitey can get a cushy job.

Like I said, 95% of the workers I’ve known here have been WAY more illegal than me, riding unregistered scooters, having no scooter license, paying 0% in taxes, having no diploma, teaching kindergarten, not being a native english speaker, so on and so on.

I was just stunned when I read that I, one of the most legit people I know, did things wrong.

I like Taiwan, I’m happy to pay more in taxes to enjoy the health care here.

I was just really hurt by the turn of events. I’m really trying to be good. I just hope that doesn’t count against me or make me look like a pussy.[/quote]

We all, at one point or another of our residence on this Island, through ignorance, cockiness or sheer necesity, find ourselves on the wrong side of the law.

Unfortunately, I’ve found out the hard way that this comes back to bite you in the derriere more often than not. Eventually, we all lead pretty stright lives, but in teh meantime, we must bite the bullet and try to mend the fences we broke.

Start the procedures and hope that when it comes to the money, on eof teh options mentioned may be open to you.