Should I sue the drunkard who attacked me?

Weak. Dude, you want this :banana:ing jabroni to get away with this shit? :banana: him and :banana: every Taiwanese person who thinks they can even lay a hand on us, whether it be in a situation like this or exploitation on the job, we need to stand up any time some shit like this happens, or they’ll think we can be pushed around. Your idea of him “going Cape Fear one day” is childish and absurd. Read what I wrote in my previous post to educate yourself on this. The man was trying to defend his family and he should absolutely press charges. What if he had attempted to go after one of his children?

Here’s the thing about charges in Taiwan, you can level them against someone and never even have to show up for any court case, ever, and they will still stick. He has video evidence, and has given a statement, he doesn’t need to do much more. I say press charges, attempt to get some money out of the :banana:er by offering to then drop the charges. Basically you make him pay up to as much as possible to you instead of the fine he would face. So let’s say he’s facing a 60,000 NT fine ( or 60 days in jail) each day in jail in Taiwan is worth 1000 NT. He’d have to pay that anyway, or do additional time based on this guys assault on the police, so you ask for 55,000 NT to drop the charges and not take him to civil court and prevent something else from being on his record. He could call the bluff, but he then has those charges to deal with still, but the person pressing the charges wouldn’t have to do anything else after that.

OP please don’t listen to people who have no experience with such situations, or any one else for that matter.

8 Likes